The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

On ‎2018‎年‎9‎月‎11‎日 at 3:01 PM, canuckledraggin said:

I do enjoy listening to those morons, because I love yelling at my computer. It will be interesting what those donkeys have to say after having a chance to actually watch Breezebaah. Editorializing something that you've never seen before should go against journalistic integrity. That assumes that either of those useless teets on bull ever had anything relevant to say in the 1st place so I'm obviously assuming too much.  They will likely double down on their criticism despite GB clearly showing as the 2nd best D-man besides Joulevi, but J-fat didn't even give Joulevi the praise he deserved so I don't expect a positive word out of his pucker, as is to be expected.

A colourful cornucopia of colloquialisms. So chunky, I dined with a fork...

On 6/29/2018 at 11:39 PM, Hutton Wink said:

Was Brisebois primarily playing right side then?  Good to know he's capable at both.

Sautner and McEneny are both left hand shots that have spent lots of time on the right side.  Oh, and I watched a lot of Utica games last year and Brisebois played on the left side in pretty much all of the games I saw.

Edited by Ray_Cathode
added sentence

On 6/29/2018 at 11:07 AM, aGENT said:

We'd have to see an AWFUL lot of movement to fit him in, especially with Juolevi and Hughes also pushing for spots but next year's going to be interesting. I have a feeling some of these guys will need to play right side.

Yeah, last year McEneny and Sautner were both ahead of him too.

On 9/10/2018 at 11:01 PM, canuckledraggin said:

I do enjoy listening to those morons, because I love yelling at my computer. It will be interesting what those donkeys have to say after having a chance to actually watch Breezebaah. Editorializing something that you've never seen before should go against journalistic integrity. That assumes that either of those useless teets on bull ever had anything relevant to say in the 1st place so I'm obviously assuming too much.  They will likely double down on their criticism despite GB clearly showing as the 2nd best D-man besides Joulevi, but J-fat didn't even give Joulevi the praise he deserved so I don't expect a positive word out of his pucker, as is to be expected.

Following 'journalism' with 'integrity' is pretty much a non-sequitur - something like a square circle.

3 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Thought Brisebois played a very sound two way game against a very heavy team in LA.

Real steady and made some real simply but quick up ice passes to start the transition quickly.  I think we will see him sooner rather than later.

,they should try him with juolevi. No joke, juolevi needs a look with better players and not scrubs for once.

7 hours ago, Vicky said:

Thought he played a strong game last night.  AHL is probably where he should be to start the season but sucks to see him leave camp.

I agree with both these points.  Still was disappointed he was sent down so soon.  I know it speaks somewhat to the LHD depth vs RHD but Chatfield is one player who is still up I feel GB is ahead of.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, rekker said:

The kid is carrying on from his strong performance in Penticton. He is on track to becoming an NHLer which looks like another successful pick by GMJB.

He is developing into a bonafide NHL'er but I would rather see him get tons of ice time in the "A" rather than limited ice time in Van. I think that is better for his overall development.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

He is developing into a bonafide NHL'er but I would rather see him get tons of ice time in the "A" rather than limited ice time in Van. I think that is better for his overall development.

For sure. I meant more that he will eventually be an NHLer. Only one year pro for him so far. Agreed there is no rush. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Brisebois is quietly emerging as Canucks best defensive prospect in Utica.  He is playing with newfound confidence, skates very well, positionally sound, very good gap control, boxes out well, moves the puck well, confident passes that push the offence.  He looks much stronger than the lanky kid he was last year.  He has played in only 3 of the Comets 5 games, but is already +4, as opposed to Juolevi’s 5 games and -7.  That is no indictment of Juolevi, he is a pro rookie still learning the North American game, and shows a lot of offensive promise - the D, however, is a work in progress and not at all unexpected.  Vancouver seems to be in possession of a new contender for their lineup down the road in Brisebois - it’s early in the season, but a great start.

Not disagreeing with you but Olli isn't a "pro rookie"

He played pro hockey last year in Finland. 

9 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Brisebois is quietly emerging as Canucks best defensive prospect in Utica.  He is playing with newfound confidence, skates very well, positionally sound, very good gap control, boxes out well, moves the puck well, confident passes that push the offence.  He looks much stronger than the lanky kid he was last year.  He has played in only 3 of the Comets 5 games, but is already +4, as opposed to Juolevi’s 5 games and -7.  That is no indictment of Juolevi, he is a pro rookie still learning the North American game, and shows a lot of offensive promise - the D, however, is a work in progress and not at all unexpected.  Vancouver seems to be in possession of a new contender for their lineup down the road in Brisebois - it’s early in the season, but a great start.

I haven't watched any Utica games this year but this comes as a surprise to me. So much so that I wondered if this was a JB burner account :lol:

Guillaume Brisbois, their crown jewel! I hope the guy pans out. He's the sad spawn of Eddie Lack. I miss the old days. Eddie backing up Lu, it was all fun and games. Then Lu gets traded, then Lack gets traded in a Lack-luster deal that CDC speculated over for what seemed like forever. What are we left with? Guillaume Brisbois. Management has talked him up for a few years now but his play on the ice hasn't seem to warrant it. Hopefully he's turned the corner because I've already passed him over as a player for us moving forward. If he ends up being anything more than a # 6 then that's a pretty good pick by JB.

Edited by VIC_CITY

9 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

I haven't watched any Utica games this year but this comes as a surprise to me. So much so that I wondered if this was a JB burner account :lol:

Guillaume Brisbois, their crown jewel! I hope the guy pans out. He's the sad spawn of Eddie Lack. I miss the old days. Eddie backing up Lu, it was all fun and games. Then Lu gets traded, then Lack gets traded in a Lack-luster deal that CDC speculated over for what seemed like forever. What are we left with? Guillaume Brisbois. Management has talked him up for a few years now but his play on the ice hasn't seem to warrant it. Hopefully he's turned the corner because I've already passed him over as a player for us moving forward. If he ends up being anything more than a # 6 then that's a pretty good pick by JB.

I don't think anybody is declaring him a 'crown jewel'. But the kid has something like a Tanev-esque (maybe Tanev-light) ceiling. Ain't nothing wrong with that for a 3rd rounder.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

He's the sad spawn of Eddie Lack. I miss the old days. Eddie backing up Lu, it was all fun and games. Then Lu gets traded, then Lack gets traded in a Lack-luster deal that CDC speculated over for what seemed like forever. What are we left with? Guillaume Brisbois. Management has talked him up for a few years now but his play on the ice hasn't seem to warrant it. Hopefully he's turned the corner because I've already passed him over as a player for us moving forward. If he ends up being anything more than a # 6 then that's a pretty good pick by JB.

Lack is out of the league whereas Brisebois is projecting more and more as an NHL dman.  I take that swap any time.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1