The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

On 12/15/2018 at 9:09 PM, rekker said:

When I watched Brisebois in Penticton this fall I was really impressed. He will get a chance in the NHL at some point this year or next I'm sure. 

I would really doubt that he will get a chance with the Canucks because Hughes and Juolevi are cleary ahead of him.

9 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

I would really doubt that he will get a chance with the Canucks because Hughes and Juolevi are cleary ahead of him.

Yes but injuries happen. He could be a call up this year as well when DelZotto/Pouliot are traded at the deadline. Rotate McEneny Sautner Brisebois and Juolevi into the NHL after the trade deadline

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, cyoung said:

That's the thing though, Brisebois has more confidence with the offensive side of the game.

17 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

That depends on how Juolevi’s defensive game develops.  If Hughes is number one on the left side, that relegates Juolevi to at best the second spot on the left side, which means he is going to have to have a strong defensive game.  The way Hutton is developing, he may keep that job for a while yet, or that job might be available for a strong defensive guy... like Brisebois.  Time and team needs will tell.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

That depends on how Juolevi’s defensive game develops.  If Hughes is number one on the left side, that relegates Juolevi to at best the second spot on the left side, which means he is going to have to have a strong defensive game.  The way Hutton is developing, he may keep that job for a while yet, or that job might be available for a strong defensive guy... like Brisebois.  Time and team needs will tell.

Agreed, also depending on the development of juolevi and Brisebois, it could open doors to moving some pieces. Is juolevi and Brisebois pan out to be solid NHL defensemen, it gives us the option to move Hutton for other assets (or move someone juolevi or Brisebois even). The more guys who can step in the better.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

*Hughes may play right side for us as well.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, cyoung said:

Yup, nailed it. He's coming up! I thought we'd see McEneny but can't go wrong with Brisebois 

I'd actually love to see him get in and play with Gudbranson. He has exactly the skill set I think that would mesh well with him.

Hutton, Tanev

Brisebois, Gudbranson

Pouliot, Stecher

Here's a tweet BTW:

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Doesn’t stop them from playing gudbranson. :ph34r:  I kid. I kid. 

Realize your kidding... but while Guddy is certainly no Hughes-esque water bug out there, he actually moves pretty impressively for a man that size.

Schenn isn't even in the same ballpark (arena?)

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

He can't skate and he plays right side.

You’d think that a 29 year old NHL player who had awesome success early on but slipped because of a slow stride would seek professional help to get those legs aligned.

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

You’d think that a 29 year old NHL player who had awesome success early on but slipped because of a slow stride would seek professional help to get those legs aligned.

Sometimes there's only so much you can do vs genetics/body type.

• 2 weeks later...