The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

30 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I think the fact that he was not that noticeable last night is a very good thing.  If he plays a quiet game, I think he is playing his role perfectly.

Well, he did only play 8 minutes.  During those 8 minutes I thought Brisebois looked overly nervous while handling the puck.  He did appear to be heavy on the walls and in net front.  He needs to play more, and then he will get more confidence.  

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Well, he did only play 8 minutes.  During those 8 minutes I thought Brisebois looked overly nervous while handling the puck.  He did appear to be heavy on the walls and in net front.  He needs to play more, and then he will get more confidence.  

Exactly, with more confidence he will become more comfortable and make good plays. Looks like he could be a very reliable 3rd pairing D going forward.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Totally agree.  And he's a big boy.  

If Juolevi develops defensively as he should we could see a solid LD lineup in 2-3 years of...

Hughes

Juolevi

Brisebois

Rathbone

Trade Hutton for a similar calibre D thats a right shot and boom we're looking good. Maybe a trade with Chicago considering their wealth of RD prospects currently. Mitchell or Jokiharju would be nice.

Hutton for Jokiharju?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

If Juolevi develops defensively as he should we could see a solid LD lineup in 2-3 years of...

Hughes

Juolevi

Brisebois

Rathbone

Trade Hutton for a similar calibre D thats a right shot and boom we're looking good. Maybe a trade with Chicago considering their wealth of RD prospects currently. Mitchell or Jokiharju would be nice.

Hutton for Jokiharju?

Tryamkin plays the right side.  I sure wish we could get him back:(

3 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Hughes

Juolevi

Brisebois

Rathbone

Hutton for Jokiharju?

Actually sounds like a really good deal... 

• 6 months later...
10 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He has looked really smooth so far. Not out of place at all.

The Brisebois-Tanev pairing has been our best pairing so far and IMO Brisebois has been one of our best defenseman so far.

Ive really like Brisebois's game so far. Would not be surprised to see Fantenberg waived so Brisebois could have a spot

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Benn-Stecher

Brisebois

• Haha 1

Just now, RetroCanuck said:

Ive really like Brisebois's game so far. Would not be surprised to see Fantenberg waived so Brisebois could have a spot

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Benn-Stecher

Brisebois

We're not waiving vets so that prospects can sit in the press box.

Does no one understand the roles of spare D? Anyone?

59 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Mine is more a prediction that Brisebois can get accustomed to NHL life and practices until Tanev or someone else inevitably gets injured

Let the kid play heavy minutes until he's needed. He will likely be up and down a bit all year, he will get time with the big club don't worry.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Mine is more a prediction that Brisebois can get accustomed to NHL life and practices until Tanev or someone else inevitably gets injured

Or he could actually be PLAYING in Utica and be one of the first call ups...

• Upvote 1

D depth is looking real good

Juolevi - Biega

Brisebois - Rafferty

Teves - Chatfield

Sautner

Tryamkin* (possibly for the playoffs?)

Not a bad list of callups, when one of the Canucks regular D goes down. If they pair Tanev with Hughes as a second tandem, Tanev might actually stay relatively healthy this year (not having to block every shot against every teams' top line). With Hughes, my guess is the Canucks will retain puck possession. Don't need to block shots when you have the puck :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

The game against the Oilers was the best game I've seen Brisebois play. He looked relaxed and in control

I think either Brisbois or Sautner might surprise and stick for awhile. Maybe Sautner as he cannot be waived and JB might think it worth giving him a longer look. Either way both will be high on the recall list. 

20 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Benn-Stecher

Brisebois

Doubt it.  

But I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as our 7th d man by seasons end.  We have a slew of guys that are battling for a spot on our bottom pairings and bottom forward lines.  

Sautner, Biega, Fattenburg, Breezer, Teves, Rafferty and OJ.... 

Competition and depth.  Essential for this team to turn the corner.