Sign in to follow this  
Patrick Jane

Guillaume Brisebois | D

I wouldn't mind if we just rotate Brisebois and Sautner through the rest of the season and sit Pouliot when Edler gets back.  They were both on Utica's roster at TDL so they can finish off the season playing big minutes in the AHL. 

I don't think this kid gets enough credit. He's only 21 and although I wasn't able to watch the full game tonight I thought he looked very solid in the parts I did watch. He could easily be fighting with Juolevi for a 3rd pairing role next season.

If the Canucks do resign Edler then I can see Hutton being a pretty valuable trade piece this offseason. Not sure if he could fetch a 1st but he definitely has a lot of value after this season.

Edler

Hughes

UFA/Sautner/Brisebois/Teves/Juolevi fighting for that third pair role next season wouldn't surprise me. Most likely to see a vet UFA signed to a one-two year contract to insulate but be a traceable piece once Hughes improves and another rookie steps up.

10 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

I don't think this kid gets enough credit. He's only 21 and although I wasn't able to watch the full game tonight I thought he looked very solid in the parts I did watch. He could easily be fighting with Juolevi for a 3rd pairing role next season.

Not directed at you personally but I got a small giggle out the 'he's only 21' when, to many people on here, Juolevi's a bust at 20 :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

If the Canucks do resign Edler then I can see Hutton being a pretty valuable trade piece this offseason. Not sure if he could fetch a 1st but he definitely has a lot of value after this season.

Edler

Hughes

UFA/Sautner/Brisebois/Teves/Juolevi fighting for that third pair role next season wouldn't surprise me. Most likely to see a vet UFA signed to a one-two year contract to insulate but be a traceable piece once Hughes improves and another rookie steps up.

I like Brisebois, but OJ is an offensively gifted guy, who puts up serious points.  

• Hydration 1

I thought Brisebois was alright in the game against NYR, but I believe Sautner is the better Dman. Juolevi and Chatfield haven't played an NHL game yet, which is why they're at the bottom.

Edler

Tanev

Hughes

Stecher

Hutton

Sautner

Biega

Schenn

McEneny

Pouliot

Brisebois

Juolevi

Chatfield

6 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Neither has hughes lol

ah ha! True! ...but we know he'll be great :)

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Neither has hughes lol

I think in three years, when our newly built young core is starting to compete on a much higher level, our D will look a lot different than right now.

For sure we will have Hughes, OJ, and Stecher.  Who else though will be here: Woo and Rathbone?  

Edited by Alflives

10 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Neither has hughes lol

Man this place sometimes! :lol:

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Man this place sometimes! :lol:

Should start our own cdc. With blackjack and hookers.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Should start our own cdc. With blackjack and hookers.

I'll bring the scotch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

I'll bring the scotch.

Careful with free scotch.  Alf will show up!!!  :towel:

• Haha 1

I think the fact that he was not that noticeable last night is a very good thing.  If he plays a quiet game, I think he is playing his role perfectly.

• Hydration 2

30 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I think the fact that he was not that noticeable last night is a very good thing.  If he plays a quiet game, I think he is playing his role perfectly.

Well, he did only play 8 minutes.  During those 8 minutes I thought Brisebois looked overly nervous while handling the puck.  He did appear to be heavy on the walls and in net front.  He needs to play more, and then he will get more confidence.  

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Well, he did only play 8 minutes.  During those 8 minutes I thought Brisebois looked overly nervous while handling the puck.  He did appear to be heavy on the walls and in net front.  He needs to play more, and then he will get more confidence.  

Exactly, with more confidence he will become more comfortable and make good plays. Looks like he could be a very reliable 3rd pairing D going forward.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Exactly, with more confidence he will become more comfortable and make good plays. Looks like he could be a very reliable 3rd pairing D going forward.

Totally agree.  And he's a big boy.  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Totally agree.  And he's a big boy.  

If Juolevi develops defensively as he should we could see a solid LD lineup in 2-3 years of...

Hughes

Juolevi

Brisebois

Rathbone

Trade Hutton for a similar calibre D thats a right shot and boom we're looking good. Maybe a trade with Chicago considering their wealth of RD prospects currently. Mitchell or Jokiharju would be nice.

Hutton for Jokiharju?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

If Juolevi develops defensively as he should we could see a solid LD lineup in 2-3 years of...

Hughes

Juolevi

Brisebois

Rathbone

Trade Hutton for a similar calibre D thats a right shot and boom we're looking good. Maybe a trade with Chicago considering their wealth of RD prospects currently. Mitchell or Jokiharju would be nice.

Hutton for Jokiharju?

Tryamkin plays the right side.  I sure wish we could get him back:(

3 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Hughes

Juolevi

Brisebois

Rathbone

Hutton for Jokiharju?

Actually sounds like a really good deal...