The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dmitry Zhukenov | C

Leafs selected Timashov a few picks after we selected Zhukenov. Timashov a lot more well known here having played in the Q and they got a steal. Maybe JB sees something in Zhukenov? Not much exposure to NA, it's natural for us to be unsure since there's not much to rely on.

TSN 1040 repeating the ISS feedback and ceiling is someone who won't make it to the NHL :(

thats crap... can't believe the canucks would pick someone that won't make it to the nhl with out doing their homework. i don't believe tsn 1040.

Zhukenov is a shifty winger who can also play down the middle. Fast skater, good dangles as you would expect from Russian forward. #Canucks

Pass it to Bulis retweeted

VAN takes a Russian! Zhukenov was a tough cut from my top 100 but could see a case. Impressed in the U18 tournaments.

#Canucks now have Zhukenov RW/C on their board. Speed is noted when his name comes up, as well as quick release. Noted as a project #TSN1040

Not the worst, I guess. At least we got some mobile defenders. Not sure how many would even pan out but "it's a process". Just hope he doesn't pick any more Mackenze Stewart's or Kyle Pettit's.

Edited by Phil_314

Benning very high on this guy

TSN 1040 interviewed him and said that Zhukenov is comparable to Pavel Datsyuk in his draft year.

Said he is a very determined Russian Centre who thinks the game well with high hockey IQ, very good offensive player and defensive player. Strength an issue and needs to work on it but really likes the potential in him.

• Upvote 3