The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dmitry Zhukenov | C

17 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So there's a good possibility the coach was deploying him in sheltered minutes in his first season.

As long as he's learning a strong two way game that's the important thing. I'm sure his point totals will be higher next season.

Fair to say. In the playoffs, it looks like Roy and Marcoux were 1-2 and Zhukenov was 3C. Regular season, Roy was getting roughly twice the faceoffs as Zhukenov, and both Marcoux and Simard also took more draws than Zhukenov.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

So he basically hasn't gained  much if any weight?  

Hard to say. Those roster sheets are often inaccurate. No way to know when the listed measurements were actually taken.

For example, they have Brisebois at 6'2" and 175lbs. But IIRC, Linden was quoted this summer saying Brisebois is now 190lbs and 6'3".

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Hard to say. Those roster sheets are often inaccurate. No way to know when the listed measurements were actually taken.

For example, they have Brisebois at 6'2" and 175lbs. But IIRC, Linden was quoted this summer saying Brisebois is now 190lbs and 6'3".

Brisbois didn't look like a 175 pounder in the WJC camp in June. 190 sounds far more accurate. What a coup if he made the WJ team!

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/15/2016 at 5:01 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Heck, this site still has Ben Hutton listed at 6'2" 183 lbs and I'm pretty sure he's around 6'3" 210. Ron Francis was for years listed at his draft measurements of 5'11" 180 lbs and he grew to 6'3" and around 200.

1 hour ago, Salmonberries said:

Heck, this site still has Ben Hutton listed at 6'2" 183 lbs and I'm pretty sure he's around 6'3" 210. Ron Francis was for years listed at his draft measurements of 5'11" 180 lbs and he grew to 6'3" and around 200.

Benning did an interview on tsn 1040 during training camp and said Zhuks grew an inch.  He is now 6 feet, the sites just are lazy not to actually check up on the right facts of players heights and weight

On 10/8/2016 at 6:27 PM, TheRussianRocket. said:

I really think if he can overcome any size issues (he's still very light more so than a worry about his height) he could be a solid top 9 center for us, if not a skilled top 6 guy that surprises. It's been said for some time now he's very strong on the dot, and we could always use that as we eventually lose Henrik.

• Upvote 1