Sign in to follow this  
HowYaDrouin

Carl Neill | D

How funny would it be if the Canucks didn't even know Pilon was still on the board

• Upvote 1

How funny would it be if the Canucks didn't even know Pilon was still on the board

J.B.: "uh oh.........."

image_zpsm1dgfoqt.jpg

• Upvote 4

Not an over ager :picard:

He was passed over last year. Not sure how I feel about any of these picks. I think I need a drink, it's 8PM somewhere.

I have a rum n' coke in hand.

going for a 2nd one soon!

JB has always said how we wants players with character, which is why he's taken some of the players he has in this draft. Pilon has attitude problems and I think the decision not to draft him was pretty simple.

Someone has got to explain to me why Pilon is dropping so far..

Do you really need an explanation? If 30 gems pass on him multiple times, he must not be as good as you think he is.

Would rather have Neil over Gaudette and I definitely think he could have fallen 5 spots... Pilon at this pick would have been great risk/reward for the spot

Someone has got to explain to me why Pilon is dropping so far..

It happens every year. Usually always has to do with off ice issues that aren't widely known or reported.

Would rather had Rich Pilon

Do you really need an explanation? If 30 gems pass on him multiple times, he must not be as good as you think he is.

Anyone thinking it's finally time to clean house with our scouting staff? How we can have such a good year last year, then kinda fall flat this year.

Ugh.

It happens every year. Usually always has to do with off ice issues that aren't widely known or reported.

Clearly we're in the dark about something this weekend. As much as people are saying 30 NHL teams know more than we do re: passing on Pilon, but Neill was passed over by everyone with every pick last year and through a number of rounds this year as well.

Sounds like an interesting player, hopefully he can translate it into something.

So how does that explain 30 'gems' passing on Neill all of last year's draft, and multiple times in this year's draft as well? Logic, it's an important life skill.

Edited by elvis15

So how about all that talk of drafting from the Dub more...

That has crossed my mind more than once, yet I think the Canucks had a list , at this point any western players they had were gone. It'll be interesting to see the end results of players drafted from the Canadian major junior leagues. There seems to be a lot of players from the Q this year.

We seemed to find one more from the WHL in the 7th round, if that helps...

Should have picked Ryan Pilon or Radovan Bondra

Why don't you post "Should have picked Nylander" in the Virtanen thread while you're at it?

• Upvote 2

Why don't you post "Should have picked Nylander" in the Virtanen thread while you're at it?

Because I think Virtanen was the right choice.