Sign in to follow this  
HowYaDrouin

Carl Neill | D

Is he an over ager ?

Yes he is. He has a July birthday though, so he's not too much older.

Probably my 2nd favorite prospect from our picks this year. Really think he's solid in all aspects of the game.

When someone said he's the next Subban, does that mean he's a little fellow?

6'3 200+ lbs at 19

If subban were that size he would have been a top 10 pick.

I think Neill is the dark horse out of this draft class. Someone said they thought he might take the same route as Bieksa or something.

• Upvote 2

Yes he is. He has a July birthday though, so he's not too much older.

This is a first...a kid playing the entire 2015-2016 as a 19 year-old being called an over-ager. Check again, Neil has one full year of junior eligibility and one more as an over-ager.

Overage draft pick, becuase it was his second year of eligibility, but only by about 2 months.

I always highly value the opinions of random CDCers who have never seen a young man play a shift.

• Upvote 1

This is a first...a kid playing the entire 2015-2016 as a 19 year-old being called an over-ager. Check again, Neil has one full year of junior eligibility and one more as an over-ager.

I know, I said he was an overager. He's only a couple months from the cutoff though.

Edit: I meant for the draft, not for junior by the way.

Edited by DeNiro

Another 2 points for Neill. 1G 1A making Roy look bad lol

6 points in 3 GP. He's tearing up the preseason.

It would be awesome if an unexpected guy like this became the puck mover we need.

He's got great size and can move the puck. Hopefully he can have a breakout season.

He's not lauded for his d zone ability, but he's the captain so he's probably going to be decent in his own zone. I don't think you give a guy the C if he can't play well in his own zone.

I have a feeling he will put up 20+ goals this year and everyone will be thinking he's the next great pick cause of his size.

He's not lauded for his d zone ability, but he's the captain so he's probably going to be decent in his own zone. I don't think you give a guy the C if he can't play well in his own zone.

Dion Phaneuf begs to differ

• Upvote 2

Dion Phaneuf begs to differ

Yes, yes he does. I hope the leafs never trade him. He's the quintessential Leaf.

• Upvote 3

Yes, yes he does. I hope the leafs never trade him. He's the quintessential Leaf.

I've always liked Dion. I hate the Leafs, of course - they need to be hated, but Dion always does his best. He's just playing in front of suspect goaltending, forcing him to do too much. Seriously, Those goalies there can be really bad. We've been spoiled here since getting Luongo, with solid goalies.

I've always liked Dion. I hate the Leafs, of course - they need to be hated, but Dion always does his best. He's just playing in front of suspect goaltending, forcing him to do too much. Seriously, Those goalies there can be really bad. We've been spoiled here since getting Luongo, with solid goalies.

Dion was good in front of Kipper. Not so much in front of Toskala :P

6 points in 3 GP. He's tearing up the preseason.

It would be awesome if an unexpected guy like this became the puck mover we need.

He's got great size and can move the puck. Hopefully he can have a breakout season.

Funny with pre season it often reflects the summers work out regimen. Some go at it hard others not so much so early success often sorts out who worked from those that did not, but it does tend to towards leveling out as the season progresses IMO