The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Carl Neill | D

HowYaDrouin

Is Neill not doing the camp?

Looks like Neill is on the roster for the Young Stars Tourney.

Anyone here thinking (hoping) that the 18 year old d-men in camp (Brisebois and Olson) can add 30 pounds to their frame to match Neill at 6'3" 206 lbs. by this time next year when they return as 19 year olds?

• 3 weeks later...
here's Carl Neil's game highlights
much more entertaining game than Brisbe's but hey Acadie's team is not exactly entertaining... B)
0:25 going for a little walk
1:00 nice pass
2:49 look at that move..totally fooled Meier hehehe
3:39 assist....nothing much there..
4:10 cool shift! 4:22 walks around #2
4:42 i think he saved a goal there!
6:58 nice give and go
7:33 shouldva got an assist? (not sure how i didnt get the goal but he scored)
8:41 the old bieksa move
8:38 damn that Meier move

• 2 weeks later...

https://streamable.com/i0i5

Neill scored his first goal of the season today, now 1-6-7 in 8 games so far.

Thanks for the clip.

Surprised he is all the way at the front of the net, is he the net front presence for their PP or something? The first thing that comes to my mind when I saw that clip was how Hutton loves to score from below the circle on the PP (close to what Neill is in this clip but more to the right or left) for his team in NCAA too. One can hope haha.

Thanks for the clip.

Surprised he is all the way at the front of the net, is he the net front presence for their PP or something? The first thing that comes to my mind when I saw that clip was how Hutton loves to score from below the circle on the PP (close to what Neill is in this clip but more to the right or left) for his team in NCAA too. One can hope haha.

he sneaks down the wing in the O zone like a right handed Hutton

• 2 weeks later...

Carl Neill
Carl Neill’s Sherbrooke Phoenix have struggled this season, but their first defensive pairing of Neill and San Jose Sharks prospect Jeremy Roy has been dominant offensively.

Neill is managing better than a point per game so far, while holding down a top-pairing role on a nightly basis.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks-prospects-report-october/

No he gets a lot of points that Roy is not in on. Mostly PP points though. He has 2 goals on 35 shots which is actually pretty unsustainable, he shot at 9.7% last year and I would expect he recovers some of those goals as the season moves along. 

Could easily have 4 goals already, so I think we might even see an uptick in his performance. Also on a 9 game point streak.

Watched some video today of Neill and it looks like he's regularly playing both sides, depending on his partner. Small point but nice to have the versatility of a guy who can slot in at either left or right (especially given this team's history of having Dmen who can only play on one side). And from the clips I saw, he looked very comfortable and equally effective on either side.

Archived