The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Carl Neill | D

HowYaDrouin

Great story behind his game and looks like a committed guy to being better and making the NHL. I was also nervous when I saw he was a 2nd time eligable player, but with the late birthday, and his size to goal total ratio I don't mind this pick at all. Definitely added some points to J Roy's totals.

• 2 weeks later...

If he was Brisboise age we would be freaking that he's the next Subban or something haha.

Solid pick though, smart positioning, good hands, quick release, big one timer. What else do you want?? Size?? oh ya he's got size.

Reminds me of Adam Polasek. In fact, the similarities are pretty crazy.

Polasek
6'3

207lbs

Physical player

5th round pick, 145th overall, from QMHJL

2nd year of eligibility

41 points in 66 games

Neill

6'3

206lbs

Physical Player

5th round, 144th overall, from QMJHL

2nd year of eligibility

40 points in 63 games

So does that meen that he is AHL eligible next season? Or I guess he could play another season in junior as an overager

The kid just turned 19. He'll be 19 the entire 2015-2016. If we were good enough he could qualify for the U20 worlds. How does that make him an overager? The kid gets drafted as a 19 year old with a birthdate in July and buddy^^^ thinks Neill's already an over aged junior.

If he was Brisboise age we would be freaking that he's the next Subban or something haha.

Solid pick though, smart positioning, good hands, quick release, big one timer. What else do you want?? Size?? oh ya he's got size.

You forgot one of his best assets.

He didn't think twice about ripping into the guy that suckered his team mate.

• 1 month later...

Archived