The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Damn! I've seen ostriches before and they're 9 feet tall with claws (talons?) that have been known to disembowel a fully grown lion. 

I was a kid and was too curious for my own good. They had their talons shaved down at least. And I always stuck close to the fence so I could jump it quickly lol. He was trying to breed them but gave up after 10 years. They even hate each other and are difficult to breed haha. The eggs were huge tho, looked like dinosaur eggs. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I was a kid and was too curious for my own good. They had their talons shaved down at least. And I always stuck close to the fence so I could jump it quickly lol. He was trying to breed them but gave up after 10 years. They even hate each other and are difficult to breed haha. The eggs were huge tho, looked like dinosaur eggs. 

That's a pretty cool experience to have as a kid. I remember my mother walking me up to an African elephant in Seattle when I was five. She's not the biggest person either, but she picked me and carried me over to the magnificent mammal. Out of it's cage too. Never forget that. 

I've seen ostriches at a game farm in Ontario. Pecked flys off my windshield. Their heads are small and their necks are incredibly long. Didn't seem real when I first saw them. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That's a pretty cool experience to have as a kid. I remember my mother walking me up to an African elephant in Seattle when I was five. She's not the biggest person either, but she picked me and carried me over to the magnificent mammal. Out of it's cage too. Never forget that. 

I've seen ostriches at a game farm in Ontario. Pecked flys off my windshield. Their heads are small and their necks are incredibly long. Didn't seem real when I first saw them. 

Ya I loved growing up out there as a kid. Lots to do. Ya they are freaky birds haha, but I appreciate how tough they are, so makes me respect em!

That’s a wicked experience too. I’ve never seen an elephant. It’s on the bucket list for sure! 

Cheers blunt

• Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 9:17 AM, Where'd Luongo? said:

Gaudette will be sent to the AHL by November. He's nowhere near good enough for the show.

all I asked is to explain what you meant by that :/

I prefer the @Where'd Luongo? that posts like a grown up :P

I'm neither here nor there on Gaudette here or in Utica. I mean he could come to camp and absolutely kill it, in which case he'd be awful hard to demote. But I'd wager he 'merely' looks solid and promising (as he did last year) and while he 'could' likely play in the NHL, doesn't necessarily mean that's the best spot for him. 

Spending part of the year playing high minutes, all situations in Utica and a nice AHL playoff run would hardly be the worst thing for him. And it would allow us some time to keep one of the waiver risk, bubble bodies (assuming they likewise earn that opportunity) up and see if they sink or swim (even if not directly competing with him for a spot).

That said, we could probably also use the C depth, which doesn't hurt his chances either.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I prefer the @Where'd Luongo? that posts like a grown up :P

I'm neither here nor there on Gaudette here or in Utica. I mean he could come to camp and absolutely kill it, in which case he'd be awful hard to demote. But I'd wager he 'merely' looks solid and promising (as he did last year) and while he 'could' likely play in the NHL, doesn't necessarily mean that's the best spot for him. 

Spending part of the year playing high minutes, all situations in Utica and a nice AHL playoff run would hardly be the worst thing for him. And it would allow us some time to keep one of the waiver risk, bubble bodies (assuming they likewise earn that opportunity) up and see if they sink or swim (even if not directly competing with him for a spot).

That said, we could probably also use the C depth, which doesn't hurt his chances either.

I only responded in kind to those that were aggressive, condescending and belittling.

Edited by Where'd Luongo?

1 hour ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Since you asked so nicely :)

My thoughts are this guy is only 21 and remember, he was a 5th round draft pick. That doesn't mean he isn't good, it means he takes a bit longer to develop in most cases than a 1st round pick. Yes he had a great year in college and came to the Canucks IMMEDIATELY following his huge season there, but now he has done nothing over the last few months and only dipped his toes in the show. He was THE BEST in his league and is nowhere near dominant in the NHL at this point. He needs to hone his game in the AHL, where he plays against guys that are at his skill level. As much as you guys are all talking as though he was our best player, I did watch those 5 games and while he was good and had flashes of excellence, he wasn't dominant every shift.

This is a guy who could really lead a team if given the right opportunity, so why not let him lead the Comets. There he can develop consistency, play against men, play BIG minutes on the TOP line, and the Comets are looking like they are going to be stacked. If he goes down there, and a bunch of other good players are there, they could push for the Calder and dare I say it WIN the Calder.

A Gaudette that produces a ppg and wins the Calder Cup in the AHL is a lot more confident and ready for the NHL than a Gaudette who just finished college and has never played in a mens league.

Maybe he proves me wrong, but honestly with the guys we have signed I have a hard time thinking he will beat them out of a spot.

Gaudette is not in any way competing with Roussel or Schaller for a spot. They both play wing. Beagle is a 4th line centre. I suppose there is a small possibility Gaudette would compete for that spot and I would suspect if that is what JB had in mind for him he will be in the AHL. If the team was looking at putting Gaudette in the 3C spot he is not competing with any one of the new signings. 

There is not a single Washington fan that says Beagle is a 3C. I only state that to head off that argument.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Gaudette is not in any way competing with Roussel or Schaller for a spot. They both play wing. Beagle is a 4th line centre. I suppose there is a small possibility Gaudette would compete for that spot and I would suspect if that is what JB had in mind for him he will be in the AHL. If the team was looking at putting Gaudette in the 3C spot he is not competing with any one of the new signings. 

There is not a single Washington fan that says Beagle is a 3C. I only state that to head off that argument.

You think he's gonna be our 3c? ok.

• Wat 1

9 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

I think if Gaudette starts with the Canucks he will be put on the wing while he gains NHL experience (backup face off guy when his c is waived out, maybe gets 2nd unit pp time where they put him in his NCAA wheelhouse (to the right of the goalie) etc....these signings do not prevent Gaudette from being in the lineup if he comes into camp in shape and shows that he is ready to go.

Edited by Darius
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, 'NucK™ said:

Actually yes I'm pretty sure I did in the thread where you didn't want the 3 new FAs on the team..

Feel free to post it. It would be a nice change to actually see what you are proposing rather than reading one liners hating on everyone else's thoughts. 

44970559.jpg

I thought Gaudette played really well in the few games he got late last season. He has size and speed, just won the Hobey Baker. I think we should all forget about where he was picked (5th round), because that really doesn't matter. Who knows what intense training he's been doing since the season ended. It will be interesting to see how he fares against other young prospects at camp.

I'm still hoping Benning can trade some of the forwards (Granlund and Gagner), to make room for Pettersson, Gaudette, Goldobin and maybe even Dahlen. With Beagle, Roussel and Schaller now signed, these kids might get nudged out - even if they're more skilled than the veteran UFAs.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Reading comprehension is important lol.  

Re read my post. No where did I say Gaudette would be our 3C. I said Gaudette, in all likelihood will not compete for a roster spot with the 3 new players. They are all brought in to provide experience and some grit at differing levels.  If Gaudette competes for a spot on the Canucks it will be other players he will compete against...mostly our plethora of middling players such as....too many too list!!  I guess your comments reflect why you are always arguing with someone on here lol.