The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

On 7/6/2018 at 1:35 PM, aGENT said:

Something like Eriksson, Gaudette, Petterson as a sheltered '3rd' line...why not?

I like it.  Though I suspect that once he adapts to the NA game that by the end of the season that Pettersson won't need any sheltering.  But to start, I like it.

12 minutes ago, nzan said:

Hey thanks!

I saw that Brough article but I'm too cheap to pay for my sports news ... so I guess I gotta read Botchford...

Oh Gordie, don't do that! :shock::sick: Just wait for someone else to post it like I do! ::D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Getting ready for prospects, main camp, then opening night in Calgary...

For those who haven't seen yet, Gaudette pulls Bo-drags in games, but at twice the quickness.

Clearly someone needs to inform him he's 'only' supposed to be competing with the likes of Beagle at 4C and not a skilled position in the top 9 :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Getting ready for prospects, main camp, then opening night in Calgary...

For those who haven't seen yet, Gaudette pulls Bo-drags in games, but at twice the quickness.

I was just going to post this. Slick hands. 

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Clearly someone needs to inform him he's 'only' supposed to be competing with the likes of Beagle at 4C and not a skilled position in the top 9 :lol:

With those huge bloated contracts given to old slugs Sutter and Beagle, Gaudette stays in the minors the next 3-4 years until they expire.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

With those huge bloated contracts given to old slugs Sutter and Beagle, Gaudette stays in the minors the next 3-4 years until they expire.

:lol:

Clearly you and I know it's not Sutter or Beagle who need be worried but guys like Gagner, Granlund, Baer, Leipsic, Goldobin, perhaps even Eriksson etc

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

You post something about once a month that has me snorting whatever beverage I am sipping while having my evening glance a CDC.   You owe me three keyboards and counting.....:angry:

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Granlund, Baertschi, Leipsic, and Goldobin will all be lost on waivers for nothing when idiot Benning tries to sneak them down just so the old expensive guys can keep their spots.  We're stuck with Gagner and Eriksson forever 'cuz he'll probably double their salary and extend them.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAsKM8_OPY5ve8wonv3nb

• Cheers 1

Nice article with a bit of family background.  

https://www.nhl.com/news/vancouver-canucks-prospect-adam-gaudette/c-299608906

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Tara Gaudette was up at 5 a.m. on Wednesday, as on so many days, with a stack of bread slices in front of her and sandwiches to make. Three boys, two sandwiches apiece.

She spent hours, it seemed, making sandwiches, a summer off from her job as a teacher just as busy as her time on. She has three boys' hockey schedules to negotiate and a husband who often goes directly from a 24-hour shift at the Taunton Fire Department to his other job as a plumber.

This is how they make things work.

It is something that has always made an impression on their oldest son, Adam Gaudette, a 21-year-old forward prospect for the Vancouver Canucks on the cusp of making the NHL.

• Upvote 3

On 7/27/2018 at 11:59 AM, Hutton Wink said:

Granlund, Baertschi, Leipsic, and Goldobin will all be lost on waivers for nothing when idiot Benning tries to sneak them down just so the old expensive guys can keep their spots.  We're stuck with Gagner and Eriksson forever 'cuz he'll probably double their salary and extend them.

Are you kneejerk_nuck?

Apparently I wasn't over-the-top enough... kinda says a lot about this place.

Meanwhile, from the article posted above on Gaudette:

"But from the time I watched him early in his freshman year, I remember going back to our group in Vancouver consistently saying every six weeks I see this guy it's just a massive, massive jump and improvement."

"His freshman year at Northeastern he wasn't this fancy-type player or highly skilled player that you would have seen his junior year in his Hobey Baker year," Johnson said. "I could see that and I could see that it was going to come together slowly, but what you did see was this dog-on-a-bone compete [level] and that he finished every check and with that character, with that compete level, when everything did come together, you knew he was going to be a scary player."

"He's had an incredible offseason, he's continued to work and try to improve and I'm excited to see even a more evolved product," Johnson said. "I think [we will see] the best version of Adam come September.

"I expect him to come in and have a huge training camp for us."

Gaudette sounds ready to do so.

"I've always been kind of a guy who's been looked down on, that won't really get anywhere, but I embraced that, took that in and turned it around and used it as motivation," Gaudette said. "I think that, no matter what, people are going to doubt [me] at every level. I've already heard it about the NHL and nothing would make me more satisfied than to just go in and prove them wrong."

WAY too many people sleeping on Gaudette, imo, figuring he goes to Utica.  That 5-game taste was just what he needed to prepare for this season.  Doubt he plays one game there, ever.

• Upvote 4