The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

34 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

The HF boards have thousands of posters there, closer to 7 to 1 posters here. What are here today? 20? They have 354 right now. Guess who is on the majority? Maybe there should be a forum for just the cheerleaders? 

oh so HF boards have more people posting so that makes whatever they say right? ok then......

5 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

What incorrect stats? I make every effort to insure that what I post is something from a quote or actions. I don't rely on "forums" for information, if something looks interesting I try to research it.

Linden and Benning said they thought this was a playoff team 3 years ago, I didn't think so, I thought the Sedins should have been traded 3/4 years ago, I even posted numerous quotes of theirs indicating that they expected it, understood it was part of hockey and that their ultimate goal was a cup. Daniel just stated a cup, later Henrik said with the Canucks.

Your opinion of negativity is not balanced with speculation or other possibilities.

Even in my original post you searched for negativity.

I don't have "blind faith", I am not a fanatic. I don't expect the Canucks to get the first overall draft pick, I would like it but there is no guarantee. 

Finally, something I agree with.

The word Fan means "enthusiast, supproter" is short of Fanatic.

6 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

What incorrect stats? I make every effort to insure that what I post is something from a quote or actions. I don't rely on "forums" for information, if something looks interesting I try to research it.

Linden and Benning said they thought this was a playoff team 3 years ago, I didn't think so, I thought the Sedins should have been traded 3/4 years ago, I even posted numerous quotes of theirs indicating that they expected it, understood it was part of hockey and that their ultimate goal was a cup. Daniel just stated a cup, later Henrik said with the Canucks.

Your opinion of negativity is not balanced with speculation or other possibilities.

Even in my original post you searched for negativity.

I don't have "blind faith", I am not a fanatic. I don't expect the Canucks to get the first overall draft pick, I would like it but there is no guarantee. 

....We were a playoff team 4 months ago...before Bo went down to injury...the whole league is awash with teams "breaking out" with young guns leading the way....

Don't be a dinosaur ...times are a channging...again...

8 minutes ago, appleboy said:

You realize that if this kid comes in and plays well he could upset the TANK.:rolleyes:

Can you just hear Benning........"we'd really love you to play the last few games with the Canucks and maybe help with ticket and season ticket sales, but if you play really well you could ruin our chances to end up in last place."  :o

Edited by redhdlois

Just now, redhdlois said:

Can you just hear Benning........"we'd really love you to play the last few games with the Canucks and maybe help with ticket and season tickets sales, but if you play really well you could ruin our chances to end up in last place."  :o

As someone said I think a few pages back.  The best possible scenario is him signing that ATO for Utica and then signing full time after our season so he doesn't burn that year or some such thing

1 minute ago, redhdlois said:

Can you just hear Benning........"we'd really love you to play the last few games with the Canucks and maybe help with ticket and season tickets sales, but if you play really well you could ruin our chances to end up in last place."  :o

He could put a clause in his contract that says he can only play well once the game is out of reach. For this year of coarse.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

As someone said I think a few pages back.  The best possible scenario is him signing that ATO for Utica and then signing full time after our season so he doesn't burn that year or some such thing

I don’t care as much about burning a year of the contract as I do about burning a year of expansion draft exemption, which apparently he wouldn’t do if he were to play the last 7 games this year (the omnipotent @SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME explained this a couple pages ago).

Edited by Sean Monahan
  • Cheers 1