The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

6 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Didn't I post I don't rely on forums for information?

Someone has to balance out the pro posters side with at least something other than fantasy thoughts.

Just look at what started this whole string of negativity, I posted some facts and a possibility, I didn't even go into depth with regards to what I posted.

But the one poster is so unsure of his position he had to find negativity in the posts.

I, at no time, stated I thought he would not sign here. It is just insecurity of the pro posters. Apparently it is being negative to post rules or opinions to some of the far right people. 

So your thoughts are possibilities, but others thoughts are fantasy ??  :P

Edited by redhdlois
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, canucklehead80 said:

In my opinion, it really wouldn't be a huge deal if we blew that year and had to protect AG. The way our forward group is looking around that time, there's not really much of a problem on protecting our forwards....

Bo & Brock definitely protected. 

Jake = Protected

Sven = Either way, but probably protected if continues trending right way and can avoid "injury prone" status

Goldy = Probably

Twins = Long gone

Loui = NMC becomes NTC, so most definitely exposed if still around

Gagner = UFA prior to XDraft

Granlund = Probably exposed if still around

Gaunce = Doesn't matter, couple years to decide....if he's still around

Any UFA's = still room for protection.

All our other prospects will be exempt....worked out good that Dahlen went to Sweden as he'll be a "2 year Pro" and exempt.

rotect

Still think we look good for the Seattle Expansion Draft. Only a few "Must Protect" guys, a few "Could Protect" and and bunch of "Doesn't Really Matter" guys. I'm not worried. More than enough room to protect Gaudette.

Lui's contract I believe would still be considered a NMC with a limited no trade clause at the time of a 2020 expansion draft. My understanding is that he would still need to be protected.

Teams were required to protect any contracted players with no move clauses (NMCs) with one of the team's slots for protected players, unless the contract expired on July 1, 2017, in which case the NMC was considered void for the draft.[9][10] Players whose NMCs had limited no trade clauses had to still be protected, and any players with NMCs were able to waive the clause and become eligible for the expansion draft.[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_NHL_Expansion_Draft

7 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Didn't I post I don't rely on forums for information?

Someone has to balance out the pro posters side with at least something other than fantasy thoughts.

Just look at what started this whole string of negativity, I posted some facts and a possibility, I didn't even go into depth with regards to what I posted.

But the one poster is so unsure of his position he had to find negativity in the posts.

I, at no time, stated I thought he would not sign here. It is just insecurity of the pro posters. Apparently it is being negative to post rules or opinions to some of the far right people. 

There is not 3 types of people in this world....there is only 2 types...those that think there are only 2 (or 3) types of people and those that know better....

14 minutes ago, canucklehead80 said:

In my opinion, it really wouldn't be a huge deal if we blew that year and had to protect AG. The way our forward group is looking around that time, there's not really much of a problem on protecting our forwards....

Bo & Brock definitely protected. 

Jake = Protected

Sven = Either way, but probably protected if continues trending right way and can avoid "injury prone" status

Goldy = Probably

Twins = Long gone

Loui = NMC becomes NTC, so most definitely exposed if still around

Gagner = UFA prior to XDraft

Granlund = Probably exposed if still around

Gaunce = Doesn't matter, couple years to decide....if he's still around

Any UFA's = still room for protection.

All our other prospects will be exempt....worked out good that Dahlen went to Sweden as he'll be a "2 year Pro" and exempt.

rotect

Still think we look good for the Seattle Expansion Draft. Only a few "Must Protect" guys, a few "Could Protect" and and bunch of "Doesn't Really Matter" guys. I'm not worried. More than enough room to protect Gaudette.

What if the expansion draft isn't until 2021/22? There could be a labour problem in 2020/21.

1 hour ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I am waiting to see what he does too, I just posted other possibilities not guarantee's.

Will it be a one way contract? Will it have a large salary for Utica? Will it be a max contract with bonuses?

Sooo negative to wonder.

800x-1.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Lui's contract I believe would still be considered a NMC with a limited no trade clause at the time of a 2020 expansion draft. My understanding is that he would still need to be protected.

Teams were required to protect any contracted players with no move clauses (NMCs) with one of the team's slots for protected players, unless the contract expired on July 1, 2017, in which case the NMC was considered void for the draft.[9][10] Players whose NMCs had limited no trade clauses had to still be protected, and any players with NMCs were able to waive the clause and become eligible for the expansion draft.[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_NHL_Expansion_Draft

I could be wrong. Just going by what is on CapFriendly. 16/17-17/18 = NMC, 18/19 - 19/20 NTC, 20/21 = 21/22 = Mod NTC

2 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

There is not 3 types of people in this world....there is only 2 types...those that think there are only 2 (or 3) types of people and those that know better....

Trudeau thinks there is about 50 different types of people. Now I Thought there was just male and female. That's two isn't it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sean Monahan said:

If Gaudette signs his contract in pencil I’d be worried. If he actually cared about the Canucks and wanted to be with the franchise long term he’d show his dedication by signing in pen, preferably black. Cause for concern here imo. 

Why not insist on signing in blood?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, canucklehead80 said:

I could be wrong. Just going by what is on CapFriendly. 16/17-17/18 = NMC, 18/19 - 19/20 NTC, 20/21 = 21/22 = Mod NTC

I could be wrong too. He needs to submit a 15 team no trade list for the 2020/21 which would lead me to believe his contract would fall into the category "Players whose NMCs had limited no trade clauses had to still be protected, and any players with NMCs were able to waive the clause and become eligible for the expansion draft" but who knows. Guess we can worry about that after we actually see if, and when, there will be an expansion draft.

2 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

I could be wrong too. He needs to submit a 15 team no trade list for the 2020/21 which would lead me to believe his contract would fall into the category "Players whose NMCs had limited no trade clauses had to still be protected, and any players with NMCs were able to waive the clause and become eligible for the expansion draft" but who knows. Guess we can worry about that after we actually see if, and when, there will be an expansion draft.

Yeah, they get confusing sometimes. Time to figure it out by then. Even so, don't think our forward depth by then would be an issue anyway. Most guys not named Bo or Brock that'd we'd want to protect would be exempt anyway.

2 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Yes he has stated that about loyalty. But he did turn down a full scholarship to play close to home. Maybe his people try to talk the Nucks into a trade. It would probably be delayed until draft day as it would be bad news now. Then again he might not mind going to Utica, it is closer.

At anyway right now he will be emotionally drained. 

Uh, he traded one full scholarship for another one.     Seems like a good kid who needs to make some decisions.   Perhaps one of those decisions will be to sign with Vancouver Canucks.   Perhaps he will not.   World will continue to spin won't it?

I have never seen that must angst from you over a fifth round pick.   Is this kid personally attached to you in some manner?    

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Come on Adam, sign soon please! I’ve got tickets to the game against the Ducks on Tuesday and would love to see you make your debut live! 

I got lucky last year and had tickets to Boeser’s Home game debut as well. It was such a nice end to a painful season. This could be the same :)

Just now, Odd. said:

Dylan Sikura signed with the Blackhawks an hour ago. Gaudette likely to follow up

If Chicago likes what they saw in Sikura you can bet we landed ourselves a good player in Gaudette.  Chicago is all about finding cheap contracts wether elc or euro free agents. They are hard against the cap. You can bet we got the better of the two prospects too which is amazing.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Canuck Drogo said:

Come on Adam, sign soon please! I’ve got tickets to the game against the Ducks on Tuesday and would love to see you make your debut live! 

I got lucky last year and had tickets to Boeser’s Home game debut as well. It was such a nice end to a painful season. This could be the same :)

I'm wondering if he wants to wait until tomorrow. So he can win the hobby baker and sign his first nhl contract all in one exciting day!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1