The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's a tough sell though........c'mon JB

Why is it a tough sell?   Canucks are respected organization and you have such a beautiful city/region to live in.   Further, the depth on the team is perfect for a young player wanting to actually get a taste of the NHL and have a shot a roster spot in a season or three versus getting buried on a depth chart.    

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, mll said:

He won't have to be protected in expansion.  Players who only have 2 pro-years will be exempt.  For players 20 and above it's 10 professional games to count as a pro-year (for teenagers it's 10 NHL games) and there are less than 10 games left.

I was not aware. So much worry in this thread, I thought it was a sure thing he needed to be protected.

Wouldn't mind seeing him go the ATO route as well. At least the Comets have something to play for.

15 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

Not any tougher than Buffalo right now.  Believe me I'm a Sabres fan.

I'm hoping AG's compete level and somewhat early exit makes him want to play some post season hockey this year.

8 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Why is it a tough sell?   Canucks are respected organization and you have such a beautiful city/region to live in.   Further, the depth on the team is perfect for a young player wanting to actually get a taste of the NHL and have a shot a roster spot in a season or three versus getting buried on a depth chart.    

I meant a tough sell to get him to sign an ATO so he can play in Utica for the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I meant a tough sell to get him to sign an ATO so he can play in Utica for the playoffs.

Really?   I would think the kid would jump at the chance of some pro hockey playoffs.   I cannot speak for the kid but when i was that age, it was like "wow, sure!" in a heartbeat.

26 minutes ago, mll said:

He won't have to be protected in expansion.  Players who only have 2 pro-years will be exempt.  For players 20 and above it's 10 professional games to count as a pro-year (for teenagers it's 10 NHL games) and there are less than 10 games left.

Just so I understand correctly:

So if he signs a ATO and plays for Comets, that won't count as 10 pro games, correct?

But if he signs a proper professional contract contract, and plays 10 games for Utica, will it count as a year.

Sign with Canucks will obviously not count as a year as we only have 7 games left.

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Just so I understand correctly:

So if he signs a ATO and plays for Comets, that won't count as 10 pro games, correct?

But if he signs a proper professional contract contract, and plays 10 games for Utica, will it count as a year.

Sign with Canucks will obviously not count as a year as we only have 7 games left.

He can only play in Utica on an ATO - it can't be under a NHL contract as he wasn't on the roster at the TDL.  His NHL contract would only start next year.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Really?   I would think the kid would jump at the chance of some pro hockey playoffs.   I cannot speak for the kid but when i was that age, it was like "wow, sure!" in a heartbeat.

As opposed to likely making more in the next 8 games than your parents make in a year and burn a year off your elc? 

I want him to play for Utica, but I absolutely see why most players will opt for signing a contract now and finish the year in the NHL.  

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

As opposed to likely making more in the next 8 games than your parents make in a year and burn a year off your elc? 

I want him to play for Utica, but I absolutely see why most players will opt for signing a contract now and finish the year in the NHL.  

I didn't care at that age about that at all -the idea of pro hockey was all that mattered and next fall it all starts a fresh and all.  I don't see it being a a tough sell at all but I am projecting my own thoughts from that age - clearly I have no clue what is in the kid's head.

7 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

The HF boards have thousands of posters there, closer to 7 to 1 posters here. What are here today? 20? They have 354 right now. Guess who is on the majority? Maybe there should be a forum for just the cheerleaders? 

I’m just referring to the Canucks fans , not the other fans.

but yup.  Sounds like you made your way from there.

7 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

The HF boards have thousands of posters there, closer to 7 to 1 posters here. What are here today? 20? They have 354 right now. Guess who is on the majority? Maybe there should be a forum for just the cheerleaders? 

Erm..., you do realise the HFBoards have fans league wide and not a lot of those 354 people are going to be Canuck fans right?

• Upvote 2