The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

No Dahlen didn't cost a pick - thats my point, its more than just picks. Of course picks are a big part, but so are good trades and free agency. 

In this era of the cap and the lotto, teams will have to do a bit of everything well, draft, develop, trade and free agency all have to be a part of it going forward imo. 

I don’t disagree.  I’m for getting U 20s, like Dhalen too, providing they don’t cost us picks.  I was happy getting Goldy too.  They both had high ceilings, and potential to be core pieces.  I’m against moving out picks for guys 23 or older, who (our management said) have more to give.  IMHAO, those trades should be made (if ever) to tinker with an established core.  We haven’t established our next core yet.  

Gaudette is is the perfect example of why picks are important, especially during the rebuilding phase.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

No doubt TheGuardian_ is still unconvinced...

He could sign the contract, and Guardian would still be unhappy.

"I don't know, does he really mean it?"

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Sweet welcome to the team Adam Gaudette....Fans are pumped to get to see you. I am hoping to see you play with Virtanen!

what # will he wear?

i hope he wears 88

2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Love Gaudette’s confidence and competitiveness.

Last year at camp, he made a point of comparing himself to Elias Pettersson and then backing up his comments with a prospects game performance that matched Pettersson’s.

Today, he’s not the least bit shy throwing out Boeser’s name as a comparison and shouldering those lofty expectations.

I don’t necessarily believe Adam will become as high end a player as Pettersson or Boeser. But I love that he seems to really believe he can be. And I would not count him out. He definitely has the potential to be pretty special. I just hope we can all be patient and not get too caught up in hype.

But for today at least, Gaudette himself is driving the hype train and I’m buying a ticket for the ride. :) 

And the jersey too? 

• Upvote 3

So happy this guy gets his moment now and won’t be overshadowed by Petterson, Dahlen, Dahlin (fingers crossed) right away. Our team is much fiestier now than it was pre-trade deadline with Leipsic, Archi, Motte, and Gaudette.

Adam is a part of our future core; always fun to see somebody like that finally get their career underway.

• Upvote 2