NHL'er

Adam Gaudette | #88 | C

3 hours ago, dpn1 said:

I hope you are right.  I just hope if he isn't ready we don't throw him in and set his development back because he needed more time.

I doubt it will happen.  The current organization seems pretty good at development.  People were hemming and hawing at Boeser not starting the season right away and and Virtanen's limited mins but I think the slow incremental approach has really helped them.  I think JB/TL/TG all being former players have excellent reads on where a player is at and what might be best for them.

• Upvote 2

On 10/05/2018 at 6:50 PM, dpn1 said:

I agree about the whole UFA thing.  I am hoping they do nothing on the UFA market.  Let Chappy play 4th line center until Adam is ready.

We need to make sure our young guys have support though, especially if the UFA is a top player. I would love to see Tavares effect on out young prospects.

6 hours ago, alfstonker said:

We need to make sure our young guys have support though, especially if the UFA is a top player. I would love to see Tavares effect on out young prospects.

I have trouble believing that Tavares would want to come here.  We are not far enough along in our rebuild to attract a player of his age and skill level.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

I have trouble believing that Tavares would want to come here.  We are not far enough along in our rebuild to attract a player of his age and skill level.

Being realistic around here is not appreciated!

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Being realistic around here is not appreciated!

Exactly, we prefer to live in the clouds with our Vancouver Millionaires Stanley Cup, and laugh at all who say Vancouver has never won anything before!! ...back to the real world now...yeah, he’s not coming here...lol...but I wouldn’t turn him down either!

On 5/7/2018 at 4:51 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Cool article on Adam from the New England Hockey Journal.

Talks about how he nearly quit hockey. Really interesting story.

So exciting, another blue chip prospect to cheer on in the future.  Which former or current NHL player do you compare him to?  Jeremy Roenick?

Edited by stanleysteamersmyl
spelling error
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dpn1 said:

I agree I cannot see Tavares coming to Vancouver...There will be several teams after him..

1. NYI 2. Sharks 3. Toronto

Best fit would be the Sharks.....

He could have Kane for his winger...

Kane - Tavares...Sharks will have the money....

Putting my money on NYI or Sharks, third choice Toronto..They could also sign Thorton to home town discount,

would make Thorton excited if they signed Taveras..

Big Joe is a UFA

The contract that Tavares would command would be too rich for Vancouver I believe.  Love his game, but if Pettersson is the real deal and makes the club next year then we will have our 1-2 punch at centre ice for the next decade.

7 hours ago, wildcam said:

I agree I cannot see Tavares coming to Vancouver...There will be several teams after him..

1. NYI 2. Sharks 3. Toronto

Best fit would be the Sharks.....

He could have Kane for his winger...

Kane - Tavares...Sharks will have the money....

Putting my money on NYI or Sharks, third choice Toronto..They could also sign Thorton to home town discount,

would make Thorton excited if they signed Taveras..

Big Joe is a UFA

Toronto won't have the cap room. They have Matthews coming up, Nylander, Marner to take care of, unless they move one, which they could. I could see SJ making a big run at him, and given their competitiveness, if they sign Kane, it would guarantee he's on a cup contender for years.

My bet is SJ or back to the Isles and don't count out the Rangers, they are right next door!

48 minutes ago, Western Red said:

Friendly reminder that this is Gaudette talk. 

haha was wondering how long till someone said that. Surprised he isn't in the Prospect Forum area. Mods must be locking him into an NHL spot next season.

I like Gaudette, heres hoping he turns into a middle six C as our centre depth is still somewhat weak up top. Plenty of capable bottom 6 Cs in Granlund, Gaunce, Gagner, MacEwen and UFAs.

Centre depth of Pettersson-Horvat-Gaudette-MacEwen would be very solid in the future. Dream Gaudette line for me would be Leipsic-Gaud-Lockwood. Fast and gritty talent that would make a great 3rd line!

18 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

haha was wondering how long till someone said that. Surprised he isn't in the Prospect Forum area. Mods must be locking him into an NHL spot next season.

I like Gaudette, heres hoping he turns into a middle six C as our centre depth is still somewhat weak up top. Plenty of capable bottom 6 Cs in Granlund, Gaunce, Gagner, MacEwen and UFAs.

Centre depth of Pettersson-Horvat-Gaudette-MacEwen would be very solid in the future. Dream Gaudette line for me would be Leipsic-Gaud-Lockwood. Fast and gritty talent that would make a great 3rd line!

Or.. GGG

Gadjovich Gaudette Gaunce.

29 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

He was on the main roster at the season's end, so I suspect he was just left there. I think if he goes to Utica at the start of next year, he'll be moved back there.

21 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

He was on the main roster at the season's end, so I suspect he was just left there. I think if he goes to Utica at the start of next year, he'll be moved back there.

Well Boucher is in the prospects Forum and he's far less of a prospect then Gaudette. Just noticed and thought Id mention it since it seemed odd.

4 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Well Boucher is in the prospects Forum and he's far less of a prospect then Gaudette. Just noticed and thought Id mention it since it seemed odd.

Boucher wasn't playing on the Canucks at the season's end. Also note that the forum includes "In the System", meaning that it's not just young prospects. Anyone under a contract with the Canucks is fair game.

49 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Boucher wasn't playing on the Canucks at the season's end. Also note that the forum includes "In the System", meaning that it's not just young prospects. Anyone under a contract with the Canucks is fair game.

ok ok, not trying to start an argument.

Just find it odd a guy that just left the NCAA is considered as current roster instead of prospect.

But I guess if one is just following the rules and not logic this makes sense.

• Hydration 1

On 5/10/2018 at 2:12 PM, SILLY GOOSE said:

I doubt it will happen.  The current organization seems pretty good at development.  People were hemming and hawing at Boeser not starting the season right away and and Virtanen's limited mins but I think the slow incremental approach has really helped them.  I think JB/TL/TG all being former players have excellent reads on where a player is at and what might be best for them.

This is the same management that gifted Virtanen a spot as an 18 year old when he had no business being in the league, a decision which set him back at least a year in development. I like a lot of what JB/TL have done, but there have been blunders..

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

ok ok, not trying to start an argument.

Just find it odd a guy that just left the NCAA is considered as current roster instead of prospect.

But I guess if one is just following the rules and not logic this makes sense.

No worries mate, just clarifying things :)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

No worries mate, just clarifying things :)

All's good man, no disrespect meant at all.

Just my opinion and thats all.

Heres hoping you and everyone else that reads this has a great weekend!

Cheers

19 hours ago, dpn1 said:

You are probably right. I was just doing a bit of day dreaming. :rolleyes:

• Hydration 1