The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Excellent game by Gaudette. He still needs to go to Utica to start just due to too many forwards on the Canucks. Let JB deal with those while Gaud continues to get huge minutes in Utica. He showed that he is stronger tonight in his battles and is just getting better. 

Once JB is able to ditch a couple other guys and the inevitable injuries occur, bring him up (and he will never go back). 

I love that our team finally has depth!!

Well said.  The kid had a great game and was ultimately awarded for his work with a very nice patient goal.  Great job picking his spot and putting it away with prejudice.  I think you are right that he might not make the cut out of camp but once he comes up he might not go back down again.  He's taking the strides he needs to take and doing the things he needs to do to get his game to the next level.  It will be interesting to see where his ceiling is over the next few years.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

I've been critical of Gaudette's game, but how he played tonight was another level. Keep that up and he'll score tons of points in Utica and eventually I think JB will make room for him by trading either Sutter or Beagle, once Gaudette actually proves he's better than them, which could be as soon as this year or perhaps later on in 2020-21.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

He looks really good right now,  I think he starts in Utica though.  Short term, Playing top line minutes and power play time will do him much better than alternating between the press box and limited bottom 6 minutes in the NHL.  Having a guy like Gaudette available as a call up is a luxury that this team has rarely had.  He will be a critical piece of this team in the years to come.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I've been critical of Gaudette's game, but how he played tonight was another level. Keep that up and he'll score tons of points in Utica and eventually I think JB will make room for him by trading either Sutter or Beagle, once Gaudette actually proves he's better than them, which could be as soon as this year or perhaps later on in 2020-21.

I am just amazed at the blinders being used on Gaudette's performance last night.

Did anyone else notice that he did not receive a star from NHL.com? I know John gave him one on the broadcast.

he scored the 6-1 goal against 2 NHL players (Granlund and Benning), while he was matched with 4 NHL regulars

Celebrated the goal like it was a series clincher

Stated before the game that he needed to calm down out there, but still rushed every play except the one he finally scored on

31% on the dot

I don't know what you thought you saw last night, but I did not see a player ready to take on Thornton, Getzlaf, Kopitar and McDavid on a nightly basis.

That is what will be needed to bounce Sutter and/or Beagle this season.

At this point I am not sure he is better suited for the NHL than Reid Boucher, another minor leaguer that gets NHL linemates.

My hope for Gaudette is that he plays the majority of the season in Utica, with a couple of short stints in Vancouver, and that he learns to:

1. win draws

2. slow the play down

3. score

4. skate

5. come to camp next year with NHL confidence 

I think Green was smirking at the cely for a 6-1 goal in an exhibition game.

I am still pulling for the guy, but I see a lot of work needed lest he become the next Ben Hutton.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, lmm said:

I am just amazed at the blinders being used on Gaudette's performance last night.

Did anyone else notice that he did not receive a star from NHL.com? I know John gave him one on the broadcast.

he scored the 6-1 goal against 2 NHL players (Granlund and Benning), while he was matched with 4 NHL regulars

Celebrated the goal like it was a series clincher

Stated before the game that he needed to calm down out there, but still rushed every play except the one he finally scored on

31% on the dot

I don't know what you thought you saw last night, but I did not see a player ready to take on Thornton, Getzlaf, Kopitar and McDavid on a nightly basis.

That is what will be needed to bounce Sutter and/or Beagle this season.

At this point I am not sure he is better suited for the NHL than Reid Boucher, another minor leaguer that gets NHL linemates.

My hope for Gaudette is that he plays the majority of the season in Utica, with a couple of short stints in Vancouver, and that he learns to:

1. win draws

2. slow the play down

3. score

4. skate

5. come to camp next year with NHL confidence 

I think Green was smirking at the cely for a 6-1 goal in an exhibition game.

I am still pulling for the guy, but I see a lot of work needed lest he become the next Ben Hutton.

Lots of us thought he played a very good game.

But yeah....you are the only one that knows what they are watching haha.  Ok bud. :frantic:

Not a single poster on here said they thought the rookie Gaudette should be taking on the best centres in the league on a nightly basis.  Calm down.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Lots of us thought he played a very good game.

But yeah....you are the only one that knows what they are watching haha.  Ok bud. :frantic:

Not a single poster on here said they thought the rookie Gaudette should be taking on the best centres in the league on a nightly basis.  Calm down.

I am aware lots of you think he is playing his way into Sutter's spot.

Sutter plays against the best in the league.

I'm calm.

bud.

edit

And he might eventually take Sutter's spot, but he is not 20 or 40 games away from that feat.

Edited by lmm
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Most of us know he needs to develop more before he can take Sutter's spot away Champ.  :lol:

Oh so I'm Champ now eh, I thought I was your bud.

and that is funny cuz the person I quoted said that Gaudette played "on another level" last night 

and that Sutter or Beagle could be traded this season

bud, er I mean Champ

7 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Most of us know he needs to develop more before he can take Sutter's spot away Champ.  :lol:

so what do you figure, if he plays 20 games in Utica and improves his face off % by 1% per game, he comes up and wins 50+% 

that is reasonable uh, bud?

16 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Same for me. I want to see him dominate the AHL and force his way on the roster.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lmm said:

so what do you figure, if he plays 20 games in Utica and improves his face off % by 1% per game, he comes up and wins 50+% 

that is reasonable uh, bud?

I see comprehension is not your strong suit amigo!

:sadno:

Edited by Kanukfanatic

4 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I see comprehension is not your strong soon amigo!

actually comprehension is my strng SOON.

Hey and I just noticed A-J said it might take til 2021 for Gaudette to take Sutter's spot. That I can agree with, just not the "other level" 

unless he meant "AHL level" then I would agree with that also.

Buenas tardes  amigo. Neccesito bailar. Abiento/ciao

I think it totally depends on how Green wants to play his 3rd  and 4th lines. One for sure has to be a defensive line, but if Green wants to have 3 offensive lines, and Sutter is kept to take important FO's I can see Gaudette coming up and playing center and Sutter mentoring him. IMO, I certainly didn't think Gaudette skating, stick handling, or play was lacking...………..FO percentage, sure...…...but again it would be better for Maholtra and Sutter working with him than Cull, if that was the only think he had to work on.

I do not disagree that a couple of months down in Utica to gain confidence, and work on weaknesses...…….

I would not doubt he gets 40 games in anyways because of injury

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I see comprehension is not your strong soon amigo!

35 minutes ago, lmm said:

actually comprehension is my strng SOON.

Hey and I just noticed A-J said it might take til 2021 for Gaudette to take Sutter's spot. That I can agree with, just not the "other level" 

unless he meant "AHL level" then I would agree with that also.

Buenas tardes  amigo. Neccesito bailar. Abiento/ciao

How about we keep both Gaud and Suts?  Let’s send Loui to Utica!  

• Like 1

I dont get why people are so high on Gaud to the point where he can do no wrong. I mean I really like the kid and want him to succeed as much as the next guy. I just dont see him as close to being able to handle the responsibilities of Beagle or Sutter at this time. And he hasn't dazzled me with his offence. He's a year younger than Virt who has been this fanbases whipping boy for years now. Yet Gaudette still walks on water. I dont see a better player than Granlund was when we got him at 22. That's not shade at Granlund who I think is going to surprise in Edmonton. 

Edited by hammertime
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1