The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

Just now, hammertime said:

You're right loosing the puck 70% of the time is quite advantageous.

It's all in how you retrieve it...cause winning the faceoff, the other team is also coming at you...it can go both ways if you have a strategy on how to control it when you lose or when you win....but yeah, I'd rather win it, but statistically it's a meh stat. Losing it you can hammer them physically is one way to gain an advantage from a lost draw.

Just now, Pete M said:

It's all in how you retrieve it...cause winning the faceoff, the other team is also coming at you...it can go both ways if you have a strategy on how to control it when you lose or when you win....but yeah, I'd rather win it, but statistically it's a meh stat. Losing it you can hammer them physically is one way to gain an advantage from a lost draw.

Just imagine all 170lbs of him hammering them physically. 

5 minutes ago, hammertime said:

that's why they picked up guys like Ferland, Miller , Myers and Benn...they were too soft. 

sometimes it takes a five man unit to retrieve a puck and there can be a lot of physical play in doing it.

Put Gaudette with the four players mentioned and watch him succeed.

Edited by Pete M

3 hours ago, lmm said:

actually comprehension is my strng SOON.

Hey and I just noticed A-J said it might take til 2021 for Gaudette to take Sutter's spot. That I can agree with, just not the "other level" 

unless he meant "AHL level" then I would agree with that also.

Buenas tardes  amigo. Neccesito bailar. Abiento/ciao

haha

well played fella

10 hours ago, hammertime said:

He was 183 lbs when he was drafted. So you figure he has dropped 13 lbs in the last 4 years from the age of 18 to the age of 22? Sounds very plausible. This careful research and the respect for truth/facts that you demonstrate contribute to your credibility and the great respect you receive on this site.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

He was 183 lbs when he was drafted. So you figure he has dropped 13 lbs in the last 4 years from the age of 18 to the age of 22? Sounds very plausible. This careful research and the respect for truth/facts that you demonstrate contribute to your credibility and the great respect you receive on this site.

Unless he actually is 170lbs.

https://www.nhl.com/player/adam-gaudette-8478874

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=177644

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/203361/adam-gaudette

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/g/gaudead01.html

a lineup right now would be,

Ferland-Petey-Brock

Pearson/Baer-Bo-Miller

Baer/Pearson-Sutter-Virtanen

Leivo-Beagle-Loui

Hard to see gaud, goldy, motte, roussel unless ur looking for specific roles to fill. Injuries will most likely occur and thats where gaud will fit in. But the competition is tight compared to last season. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mrwipeout said:

Ferland-Petey-Brock

Pearson/Baer-Bo-Miller

Leivo-Beagle-Loui

Hard to see gaud, goldy, motte, roussel unless ur looking for specific roles to fill. Injuries will most likely occur and thats where gaud will fit in. But the competition is tight compared to last season. 

Based off last year, I think Roussel would probably get in over Leivo and Virtanen. He produced more than both and provided in other ways as well. I agree that the others are probably hard-pressed to get a spot though.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mrwipeout said:

Ferland-Petey-Brock

Pearson/Baer-Bo-Miller

Leivo-Beagle-Loui

Gaud could play on the 3rd with Sutter moving down, and Roussel and Motte both are superior options to our 6 million dollar floater.

Edited by King Heffy

19 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Based off last year, I think Roussel would probably get in over Leivo and Virtanen. He produced more than both and provided in other ways as well. I agree that the others are probably hard-pressed to get a spot though.

AR scored 9 goals and 22 assists and Jake had 15 goals and 10 assists. I don't see a big difference in there production and Leivo didn't play a whole season but had 10 goals and 8 assists in 49 games.  Descent production, responsible defensively and a hard worker.  As good or better than AR I would say.  Just a few thoughts.

14 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

AR scored 9 goals and 22 assists and Jake had 15 goals and 10 assists. I don't see a big difference in there production and Leivo didn't play a whole season but had 10 goals and 8 assists in 49 games.  Descent production, responsible defensively and a hard worker.  As good or better than AR I would say.  Just a few thoughts.

Roussel plays with some nastiness that adds a quality to the mix that is unique.   He's a very smart player who knows how to get the opposition off their game.  He makes the team more difficult to play against.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Mrwipeout said:

Ferland-Petey-Brock

Pearson/Baer-Bo-Miller

Leivo-Beagle-Loui

I like your lineup, but would have Pearson with Bo, and Baer with Sutter.  Baer is the better play maker, and Sutter needs a play making winger.  I could see Goldy on that third line too in a play making winger role.  

• Upvote 1