The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

17 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

Must be tough to be Gaudette right now, watching all those players he out performed in training camp play terribly. Out bottom 6 winger where garbage, and Was that sutter with the brutal turnover to lead to mcdavid goal

OMG yeah!!!

So tough....23 years old today....on an NHL team after working his whole life to get there.  Making that team in what will be his FIRST full year of NHL hockey.

He must be pretty damn devastated!!

:frantic:

Edit: poor Gaud....only making $918,000 a year.  To practice his hockey skills with the Vancouver Canucks until he develops a bit more and plays many years as a pro hockey player.  DEVASTATING!!

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 3

On 10/3/2019 at 12:53 AM, Dats hockey said:

You need to score in this league, playing a super defensive game, and being hemmed into your own zone isn’t the way to play, Eriksson doesn’t bring a good breakout pass or carry option to the team LE brings dump and change(yes not chase change.....) schaller is the same thing but might chase I feeling having Baer or Guad or both in the lineup would make us have better possessions number and maybe defending less which would also lead to less injuries. So to your point I didn’t like the way our bottom 6 played they aren’t meant to just defend.

Haha yeah dump and change same with Jake 

must be a game system they follow, abandon ship style

Gaudette creates chances

Edited by Hairy Kneel

11 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I am hoping that Adam slots back into the lineup soon. Watching from the sidelines is not great for his continued development. Tough to do though when the product on the ice is winning games. Maybe he slots in for the game in NJ

I doubt they change anything when they have won four straight.  Maybe he needs to go down and get some games in.

We will get injuries and he can come back then.  I love the guy....get him big time in the A for now maybe.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I doubt they change anything when they have won four straight.  Maybe he needs to go down and get some games in.

We will get injuries and he can come back then.  I love the guy....get him big time in the A for now maybe.

Yeah, it'll be tough for Gaud, but I agree that going to Utica and playing +++ of games is better for him.  He isn't ready to step into the 3C role, so this could be a situation where he could improve his game enough to put pressure on Sutts at some point.

Seeing as he's waiver exempt, it's a good time for him to develop in an environment where he'll be a big fish.  Next year he plays on the big team or gets traded, as he will not pass through waivers.

• Upvote 1

Gaudette is 23 now. Not all that young. He needs to start putting up some offense soon if he wants to be the 3C on this team.

5g 8a  13 pts not good enough in 64 games.

Maybe best if they send him down to Utica for couple of weeks to get him some ice time. 

Wouldn't surprise me at tdl if this team is playoff bound JB might trade him as part of package for upgrade on top 6 wing. 

Need one more top 6 winger to play with Horvat line. Preferably a play making type who can pass the puck..

Edit typo

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Like 1

Gaudette will be waiver eligible once he plays 80 NHL games.  He is at 64.  

Green doesn't seem to quite trust him.  With everyone healthy it might be best to send him down to Utica and not use up those 15 games quite yet.   

Edited by mll
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, mll said:

Gaudette will be waiver eligible once he plays 80 NHL games.  He is at 64.  

Green doesn't seem to quite trust him.  With everyone healthy it might be best to send him down to Utica and not use up those 15 games quite yet.   

Don't think it's a 'trust' issue. Who are you taking out to put him in?

Even if we send him down (which we should IMO, so he can PLAY), we still arguably should be trading away a forward or two with Roussel coming back. We have too many middle 6 bodies.

On 10/18/2019 at 6:05 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

I feel bad for Gaud but; What do you do?

The Canucks are winning, which is the ultimate goal and is, obviously, paramount to developing Adam and making sure he's getting his fair ice time.

Right now, going to Utica is probably the best thing for him.

• Upvote 1

I don't see why there cannot be a rotation, that may prevent injuries down the road.  What is so wrong with taking Leivo, Motte, Ferland out for a game here and there for Gaudette?  Especially the 3rd in NY and the first two periods last night the Canucks look gassed, Gaudette has fresh legs.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I don't see why there cannot be a rotation, that may prevent injuries down the road.  What is so wrong with taking Leivo, Motte, Ferland out for a game here and there for Gaudette?  Especially the 3rd in NY and the first two periods last night the Canucks look gassed, Gaudette has fresh legs.   

There is the other aspect of having Gaud in the press box too.  And that's the guys who might come out, have to play their guts out every shift, or (they know) Gaud will take their place, and they might be the one sitting for extended periods of time.  

• Upvote 1