Sign in to follow this  
NHL'er

Adam Gaudette | #88 | C

Posted (edited)

Gaud still streaming COD Warzone on twitch if everyone is interested in watching. He doesn't talk to chat much but it is cool to hang out with.

Twitch handle is hockey_gaud
Edited by Junkyard Dog

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2020 at 11:43 AM, ruilin96 said:

I really like the center depth this organization has going forward. Pettersson as #1, Bo Horvat as #2, and Adam Gaudette as #3. Not to mention Miller who can also play center and he is a beast in the face-off circle as well. I think the Canucks are just a couple of legit top 2 or top 3 defenseman away from being a contender.

I agree, but that is easier said than done - particularly given our cap status.

Despite having the amazing Mr. Hughes, I feel we need more scoring from the back end still. Either individually or as a group. Add that in, then all that is left is for the coaches to come up with the right systems. Preferably one that includes the ability to find a way to play 5 on 5.

I find it odd that with most good players, you get a feel pretty quickly how good they will or might be. With Gauds, I still have no idea.

Edited by kloubek
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kloubek said:

I agree, but that is easier said than done - particularly given our cap status.

Despite having the amazing Mr. Hughes, I feel we need more scoring from the back end still. Either individually or as a group. Add that in, then all that is left is for the coaches to come up with the right systems. Preferably one that includes the ability to find a way to play 5 on 5.

I find it odd that with most good players, you get a feel pretty quickly how good they will or might be. With Gauds, I still have no idea.

I'm curious to see what AG will top out as. 

It seems like every challenge so far hes conquered.

He seems to be within reach of being a top 6 centre offensively and I think like other challenges he will continue to improve on his defensive game. I sometimes wonder if AG does become capable of 60+ points but his D game peaks at just average, I wonder if he and Horvat switch spots using the 3rd line as a more conventional line instead of being so heavily sheltered?

With Podz, Hog, and maybe even Lind, coming up, putting Gaudette with good 2-way wingers while having Bo on the 3rd could pose some interesting mismatches. 

13 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I'm curious to see what AG will top out as. 

It seems like every challenge so far hes conquered.

He seems to be within reach of being a top 6 centre offensively and I think like other challenges he will continue to improve on his defensive game. I sometimes wonder if AG does become capable of 60+ points but his D game peaks at just average, I wonder if he and Horvat switch spots using the 3rd line as a more conventional line instead of being so heavily sheltered?

With Podz, Hog, and maybe even Lind, coming up, putting Gaudette with good 2-way wingers while having Bo on the 3rd could pose some interesting mismatches. 

I do hope he gets to the point of being considered for a top 6 center role. He still has lots of learning to do but as you say - he has excelled at virtually every challenge thrown at him. 

I am not sure we would want to throw Bo's talent down on the 3rd line, but as you say, Bo already has a good 2 way game and the 3rd os typically a more defensive line.

If we did manage to have 3 top six centers, that's one hell of a good problem to have...

• Hydration 1

32 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I do hope he gets to the point of being considered for a top 6 center role. He still has lots of learning to do but as you say - he has excelled at virtually every challenge thrown at him. 

I am not sure we would want to throw Bo's talent down on the 3rd line, but as you say, Bo already has a good 2 way game and the 3rd os typically a more defensive line.

If we did manage to have 3 top six centers, that's one hell of a good problem to have...

A lot of the best teams often have eight or nine top six forwards, so it'd be a great sign for us. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

A lot of the best teams often have eight or nine top six forwards, so it'd be a great sign for us. 

Yes, that's how we got Miller. And with just a little bit of luck, the Canucks could be there very soon.

• Upvote 1