The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

6 hours ago, Guile said:

Do you think so for the end this this season, or start of next?

As with Boeser, depending on leagues timing he will be signed and finish up the year with the Canucks.  If he does indeed add a few more pounds and tweak out a bit more speed as he said he intended to do this year, he will likely make the team out of camp next season -- especially if the Sedins are not back.  As we saw in the prospects game, he is no doubt in the top-3 in readiness right now.

6 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Gaudette, Pettersson, Dahlin and Goldy will be replacing Burmistrov, Gagner, Vanek and Eriksson ....next year and the rebuild will be 90% complete....Dahlin, Merkely Boqvist or Hughes with Joulevi being the other 10%....

This is going to be a very exciting team next year with lots of improvement coming this year, my only fear for the future is our dreaded Canuckluck  and playoff reffing.....

Goldy (like Virtanen) will be on next year unless he flames out and/or gets moved, as he'll be waivers-eligible and likely won't pass if sent down.  Dahlen probably has a good shot as well, and as of now I'd put Pettersson behind them in likelihood to make it.  He certainly has the skill but we'll have to see how he develops physically over the next year. 

Rebuild roster-wise will be near completion alright, but these guys aren't likely to be big contributors right away, so there will still be a breaking-in period for another season or two.  Expecting Gagner and Eriksson to still be here though, as they will have 2 and 4 years remaining.  No problem -- Gagner will go when Pettersson is ready to take over top-6 duties, and Eriksson will provide veteran presence up front.

4 hours ago, Canorth said:

I'm hoping he lost control and couldn't pull the trigger. Otherwise, he'll need to get that little bit of cockiness slapped out of him.

Or giving him the benefit of the doubt, he probably expected the goalie to slide across and knew the goalie would open up. That's hockey IQ right there!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Or giving him the benefit of the doubt, he probably expected the goalie to slide across and knew the goalie would open up. That's hockey IQ right there!

Hoping he lost control, and couldn't pull the trigger, was giving him the benefit of the doubt. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Unless Benning makes a trade, lets all hope he is ready to crack the line up and take one of the centre spots when the Sedins retire. If he is not we will be using Granlund or Gagner in that spot. 

I'm hoping it's the exact same situation as Boeser from last year. Get his name 9 game tryout at the end of the season and blow everyone out of the water. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Unless Benning makes a trade, lets all hope he is ready to crack the line up and take one of the centre spots when the Sedins retire. If he is not we will be using Granlund or Gagner in that spot. 

Or signing another 'Burmistrov' (including possibly, Burmistrov). Any of which is fine by me.

Horvat, Sutter, Granlund, Gagner, Gaunce, Chaput, a 'Burmistrov' can all play C. And Gaudette and Pettersson should be along shortly (ideally in the AHL with call ups for injuries/TDL next year).

29 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Or signing another 'Burmistrov' (including possibly, Burmistrov). Any of which is fine by me.

Horvat, Sutter, Granlund, Gagner, Gaunce, Chaput, a 'Burmistrov' can all play C. And Gaudette and Pettersson should be along shortly (ideally in the AHL with call ups for injuries/TDL next year).

Now JR, didn't we just go through all this with Brock and Jake? 

If the kids are ready THEY WILL BE ON THE TEAM.  I'm expecting Gaudette to be Boeser II; that is, he comes in late this season then makes the team out of camp with zero AHL time because he will clearly be an NHL-ready player.  This will be especially applicable if the Sedins are not signed for next season.  Like Boeser a year ago, Gaudette would have pushed for a roster spot if he had gone pro this year.  This season is his bonus development year.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

If the kids are ready THEY WILL BE ON THE TEAM.  I'm expecting Gaudette to be Boeser II; that is, he comes in late this season then makes the team out of camp with zero AHL time because he will clearly be an NHL-ready player.  This will be especially applicable if the Sedins are not signed for next season.  Like Boeser a year ago, Gaudette would have pushed for a roster spot if he had gone pro this year.  This season is his bonus development year.

I miss JR.

28 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

If the kids are ready THEY WILL BE ON THE TEAM.  

Jake spent a year in Utica FWIW ;)

Nobody's arguing the 2nd point either ;);) 

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Chaput....just no....Gaunce is looking like a LW and Gagner has been making me Gag....( he did have a slightly better game last game ) Gaudette looks to me like he can outplay any of those 3 already...or damn close.

The only way he doesn't make the team straight away next year is if Pettersson forces his way onto the team...but really...they both could make it in place of Gagner, Burmistrov or Vanek ...as the roster sits now.

30 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Because Jake needed it, everyone knew that.  Boeser and Jake this year did not, despite your protestations, and Gaudette likely will not either.

I had no protestations. You seem to have latched on to a false narrative as you are wont to do at times.