The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lukas Jasek | RW

A highly intelligent winger that has the ability to produce strong numbers due to his intense style of play. Tenacity and athleticism are well-represented by his slashing style of skating, cutting hard to the net and being able to hold onto the puck for that extra second. Creativity and offensive instincts are coveted assets that Jasek possesses; he exhibits exceptional vision and a sharp, accurate shot. He will need to get stronger to be able to adapt to the harsher physical conditions of the North American game. All-in-all, a speedy offensive predator that looks to impact all aspects of the game, creating energy in waves. - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=213164#sthash.ZlEcMeAs.dpuf

Sounds like a skilled Jannik Hansen...and with a 6th round pick....steal

I agree...a very promising pick by JB. I could care less about his so-called PCS, but, obviously, our European scouts had tabbed him for Benning to have a close look at in those international tournaments. By the way, I think he dropped so much because of his relatively poor showing at the U18's. Goes to show that NHL teams tend to place too much emphasis on that one tournament.

Hey! I'm not saying Linden won't go down as one of the best Canucks of all time, but Great hockey players aren't always the best executives.

The NHL best coaches and GMs who where NHL players were never premier or elite talents.

You'd think Gretzky, the greatest player that ever was/is, would be the best coach of all time. He wasn't, he was dreadful.

Sometimes what makes the greats great is their downfall in these executive positions because they can't relate to the average player. They thought the game at such a high level, or had such tremendous skill that anything less is incomprehensible for them. Instead of systems, tactics and structure, they relied on instincts.

Dude it's a year into his tenure

A highly intelligent winger that has the ability to produce strong numbers due to his intense style of play. Tenacity and athleticism are well-represented by his slashing style of skating, cutting hard to the net and being able to hold onto the puck for that extra second. Creativity and offensive instincts are coveted assets that Jasek possesses; he exhibits exceptional vision and a sharp, accurate shot. He will need to get stronger to be able to adapt to the harsher physical conditions of the North American game. All-in-all, a speedy offensive predator that looks to impact all aspects of the game, creating energy in waves. - See more at: http://www.elitepros...h.ZlEcMeAs.dpuf

Pastrnak is smaller and rocked the AHL at over 1PPG and did pretty well with the Bruins, too.

In fact, wouldn't be surprised if this pick had something to do with him, since Benning would have played a large part in Boston's draft strategy last year before coming to the Canucks. Perhaps McCann falling is all that precluded JB from drafting him?

He can go to anyone in the CHL. the CHL draft is the whole CHL but i think you need to pay a lump some to be able to aquire a player

Ah so is this a fa ChL signing or does he have to get import drafted ?

If he does come to North America to play next season I would lean towards the CHL more than the AHL. Let him play in an easier league while learning the North American game. While also gaining confidence as he should be able to put up good numbers in a league with younger players.

P.S. Anyone know when the CHL import draft is?

Edited by Southpop45

If he does come to North America to play next season I would lean towards the CHL more than the AHL. Let him play in an easier league while learning the North American game. While also gaining confidence as he should be able to put up good numbers in a league with younger players.

P.S. Anyone know when the CHL import draft is?

June 30th. 11am est, so 9 my time and 8 Vancouver's.

http://www.chl.ca/draft/chl/2015

Nope. But I have footage of his pro team being a bunch of goofs in front of their fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaI2SJqi50A

I'd have no problem if the Canucks did stuff like this after a game. That's not goofy, that's giving the fans what they want!

• Upvote 3

The best CHL team for him would be SSM. McCann is there, although they're going to lose some players they have plenty of talent which is perfect for Jasek. This year could be a huge breakout for a lot of the Canuck prospects.

The best CHL team for him would be SSM. McCann is there, although they're going to lose some players they have plenty of talent which is perfect for Jasek. This year could be a huge breakout for a lot of the Canuck prospects.

Doubt he'll get passed over by 56 GMs.

Edited by thejazz97

June 30th. 11am est, so 9 my time and 8 Vancouver's.

http://www.chl.ca/draft/chl/2015

so is zoo coming to NA or na?

I'd actually be so hyped if Jasek came over to play with the Calgary Hitmen or something with another Canucks prospect someplace...

Trinec HC U20 came about average in the Czech U20 league placing 4th out of 8th and in the top pro league in the czech repblic where Jasek played for 27 games more than half the year in which HC Trinec came in 1st whle losing to HC Litvinov who came in 2nd

I maybe be in the minority here but i would rather have Jasek stay in Trinec for an extra few seasons and then come play in a top 6 ahl role by then he would be 20-21 and hopefully ready for a 3rd line roll...