The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lukas Jasek | RW

• 4 weeks later...

I think Jasek might have jumped Dahlen as the next young forward with offensive upside to get a call up to the Canucks. Now this is truly a shot in the dark, as I have only seen him play in one game and that was the televised game vs the Marlies a couple days ago. However Jasek looks like he has good playmaking ability and a good hockey IQ, he also looks like he skates better than Dahlen (I was not impressed by his skating ability). Lastly, I think he is better defensively and can easily play in a 3rd line role at first. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, TheRealistOptimist said:

I think Jasek might have jumped Dahlen as the next young forward with offensive upside to get a call up to the Canucks. Now this is truly a shot in the dark, as I have only seen him play in one game and that was the televised game vs the Marlies a couple days ago. However Jasek looks like he has good playmaking ability and a good hockey IQ, he also looks like he skates better than Dahlen (I was not impressed by his skating ability). Lastly, I think he is better defensively and can easily play in a 3rd line role at first. 

Agreed. I was at that game, Jasek was one of the better forwards. The Comets D is such trash haha. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Just to add: plays all 3 forward positions (LW/C/RW), can play both with skilled players and/or grinders, can fit most roles (scoring, defensive, energy), can create offence off rush or cycle, can play special teams, excellent skater, strong board work,   defensively responsible, good on-ice vision/awareness, and brings a fair amount of grit and agitation to his game.

He’s also used to being shifted around into different roles and moving in and out of the lineup as needed.

Jasek has the makings of a really good 13th forward/utility player in the NHL, and with the upside to move higher up the roster chart. Could be our next “glue guy” type, which, while maybe not the most glamorous of roles, is a definitely a highly useful piece in any lineup.

Sounds like our next Janik Hansen type guy?  

7 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Definitely one of the closest Canucks comparables. Lots of similarities to their games.

How does he do in the faceoff department? Out of the 3 forward positions is there 1 in particular that you think he is best at or most suited for?

1 hour ago, SingleThorn said:

Jasek has not played much lately. He was on the roster for the televised game against the Marlies, but not since ( ? ) ! Any reasons ? Have not heard of any injuries or poor play concerns !

I noticed in Corey Hergott's post in CA that he has been out due to illness but he did not elaborate

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2019 at 3:25 PM, Canuckster86 said:

How does he do in the faceoff department? Out of the 3 forward positions is there 1 in particular that you think he is best at or most suited for?

Sorry, it’s taken me a while to reply. Been busy and haven’t been on CDC as much lately. Anyway, to answer your question, Jasek is definitely best on the wing. RW at evens and on his off side on the power play as a shooting option (as evidenced by his goal earlier tonight). Centre is probably his 3rd best position. He’s competent playing the middle, but better on the wings. He can really play to his strengths on the wing, with his speed, strong boardwork, “dog on a bone” mentality with puck battles, and a very good shot. He’s also a good playmaker off the wing. At centre, I’ve always found him to play a less natural game, and lose a bit of his effectiveness by overthinking his positioning and playing maybe a tad too conservatively. But in a pinch, he’s still a great option to fill in at centre when a team needs a body. You just get more out of Jasek using him on the wing IMO.

Oh, and here’s his goal from earlier:

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Just so long as he doesn’t injure himself fighting.^_^

Do fans really have any idea what these guys go thru? Most fans have never come close to taking a shot in the face. The concussion threat is always there let alone damage to the face with broken bones. The hands also take damage in a major way. Helmets are now mandatory and many do not take them off when they fight.  

• Upvote 1