Sign in to follow this  
HowYaDrouin

Lukas Jasek | RW

12 hours ago, Derp... said:

Jasek is such an interesting prospect to follow. I feel like he and Madden will make up 2 parts of a great 3rd line in the next 3 years or so. 

Love the speed and compete, and flashes of skill. If he can get a little stronger on his skates, or a more stable base to fight through some checks he could be a solid NHL player.

dont forget about Lockwood.

• Upvote 1

On 9/21/2019 at 7:13 AM, Boudrias said:

Jasek, Lind and Gadjovich are all starting their 2nd pro year in Utica. I think all 3 will have much stronger seasons. I think that Jasek's time in the Czech senior league helped his AHL transition but the game is still NA and on NA ice sheets. 

Jasek is interesting because he has almost always played wing but the Utica coaches have been trying him in the middle - I would guess to take advantage of his skating, discipline, awareness and creativity.  He looked great when he first came up with Utica, and had a great start last year, but tapered off (along with his team) due to call ups and injuries.  Hopefully this year his conditioning has come along so that he can compete at his top level all year.  He reminds of a Hansen with hands and awareness - it would be interesting to see him on a line with Lockwood and Madden for sure (someone mentioned that above) - speed, skill and awareness X3 - it would be a very interesting line. Reminds me of the possibilities of a line like one Buffalo had decades ago - Ramsey, Luce and Gare - mostly lines aren't built like that anymore, but maybe it would be an experiment worth trying again.

Just a little observation so far:  Utica coaches seem to have a lot of trust in Jasek and MacEwen on the PK.  I actually see an easier path for them to the NHL as opposed to guys like Lind who would have to displace someone in the top 9.  

If one or two of our regular PK guys get injured, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jasek or Zack get called up.  

• Upvote 1

Jasek providing a lot of versatility and ultimately his conversion to center despite being a natural winger shows he is a very teachable player.

This will be a huge huge asset for him moving forward, and frankly when players can adapt to the responsibilities this quickly and be successful, shows also their smarts/Hockey IQ altogether has a huge strength.

• Upvote 1

He is between Baertschi and Goldobin which is a great place to be.