The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lukas Jasek | RW

Jasek also focusing on adding muscle mass. Full interview here: http://hcocelari.cz/clanek.asp?id=Letim-do-Kanadyale-prioritou-je-Trinectvrdi-Lukas-Jasek-3546 #Canucks

I am like I am going to translate the interview for you since I am Czech. :)

Will use edits...

I tried seeing what the article said with google translate, and it ended up being terribly hilarious :lol:

Thanks for translating, man!

That fluff piece played a Stanley Cup final with broken ribs, that had to be frozen before each game. Played in the league for almost 20 years. Hit like a wrecking ball. Was president of the Players Association. Gave everything he had in every game. Scored 99 points in 124 playoff games, and won the Memorial Cup twice.

Sounds to me like a guy who knows hockey.

While harsh, the "fluff piece" wording was likely used because Linden was so popular as a Vancouver player that he'd be likely to bring positive feelings to the Vancouver media.

The things Ghosts listed could mostly also be true of a slow-witted high energy player. (Before people on CDC jump at this, see the word "also" in that sentence. The sentence does not refer to Linden as slow-witted.) The exception is the Players Association position.

Imo his other business interests and involvement as President of the Players' Association are more pertinent to his qualificationsas a team president. Things like playing hockey with broken ribs or winning two Memorial Cups don't have much to do with the ability to make sound business decisions.

http://www.hcocelari.cz/clanek.asp?id=Navrat-do-Trince-je-pro-mou-budoucnost-to-nejlepsirika-Lukas-Jasek-2955

This is one year old article.

The summary is:
- his favourite player is Steven Stamkos

- wanted to try swedish junior league to try different hockey style and the league which is known for good development

- played there in Elite junior league with guys three years older than him, learned English and little Swedish and took something from swedish mentality

- came back to Trinec to fulfill his goal to play with men

- enjoyed Ivan Hlinka tournament where Czechs played great. Was happy with himself but regrets playing semifinal and final with injured arm so could not be 100%

- about low PIMS, not afraid to hit and play hard but wants to avoid unnecessary penalties when stick is involved.

Edited by pmalina
  • Upvote 1

http://www.hcocelari.cz/clanek.asp?id=Navrat-do-Trince-je-pro-mou-budoucnost-to-nejlepsirika-Lukas-Jasek-2955

This is one year old article.

The summary is:

- his favourite player is Steven Stamkos

- wanted to try swedish junior league to try different hockey style and the league which is known for good development

- played there in Elite junior league with guys three years older than him, learned English and little Swedish and took something from swedish mentality

- came back to Trinec to fulfill his goal to play with men

- enjoyed Ivan Hlinka tournament where Czechs played great. Was happy with himself but regrets playing semifinal and final with injured arm so could not be 100%

- about low PIMS, not afraid to hit and play hard but wants to avoid unnecessary penalties when stick is involved.

Sounds like a future Byng candidate.

First player drafted by the Canucks out of the Czech Repulic since Libor Polasek.

Adam Polasek more recently.

The idea of him playing in the CHL seemed like the best way to go but playing professionally is still a strong option. Hopefully he earns more minutes this coming season.

I like the move. Add muscle, play in a mens league next season, and then come to junior in 2016/17 and dominate.

I think he might skip Jrs and play for Utica. By next year he'll have been playing in a men's league for two years, so I think he'll be good enough to make the jump.

• Upvote 1

Adam Polasek more recently.

The idea of him playing in the CHL seemed like the best way to go but playing professionally is still a strong option. Hopefully he earns more minutes this coming season.

Sorry to play semantics, but, Polasek was drafted out of the QMJHL (a two year pre draft career with the PEI Rockets if I remember correctly). He was the last Czech player I remember drafting, but we didn't pick him out of the Czech Republic like Jasek.