The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lukas Jasek | RW

The way he skates, upright stance but high stride count, reminds me of Claude Giroux. With his tenacity and compete on the puck also mimicks Claude.

My favourite pick by far when it comes to value

Edited by junglesniper

From the highlight video, I don't see a ton of "high-end" offensive skills (silky mitts, slick passing, wicked shot, etc.) but he is still solid with the puck and is a great skater, as advertised. I agree with Derp... about him being a potential Hansen 2.0. Hansen at his best is an outstanding player and an elite 3rd line winger. Not the best skill-wise but is tenacious, quick, and able to contribute offensively thanks to solid hockey sense.

This was a great value pick in the second-to-last round and I'm pleasantly surprised they went to Europe with this one. Whenever you can get a teenage player who plays regularly in a European pro league... that's a good thing. Also, with an August 28th birthday, he's one of the youngest prospects in the entire draft. What he has accomplished is very, very impressive. Not many kids are able to do what he has done at this young an age.

From the highlight video, I don't see a ton of "high-end" offensive skills (silky mitts, slick passing, wicked shot, etc.) but he is still solid with the puck and is a great skater, as advertised. I agree with Derp... about him being a potential Hansen 2.0. Hansen at his best is an outstanding player and an elite 3rd line winger. Not the best skill-wise but is tenacious, quick, and able to contribute offensively thanks to solid hockey sense.

This was a great value pick in the second-to-last round and I'm pleasantly surprised they went to Europe with this one. Whenever you can get a teenage player who plays regularly in a European pro league... that's a good thing. Also, with an August 28th birthday, he's one of the youngest prospects in the entire draft. What he has accomplished is very, very impressive. Not many kids are able to do what he has done at this young an age.

I think he already has better hands than Hansen.

The way he skates, upright stance but high stride count, reminds me of Claude Giroux. With his tenacity and compete on the puck also mimicks Claude.

My favourite pick by far when it comes to value

So, we've got Claude Giroux, Pavel Datsyuk, Ryan Kesler, Patrice Bergeron, and Trevor Linden as our forward core for the next 10 years? Shweet!

Did this kid get selected in the CHL International draft ?? I mean assuming he's the second coming of Gretzky

No because he wants to play in the Czech league next season.

He'll probably go straight to the AHL after that.

So, we've got Claude Giroux, Pavel Datsyuk, Ryan Kesler, Patrice Bergeron, and Trevor Linden as our forward core for the next 10 years? Shweet!

Giroux = Jasek

Datsyuk = Zhukenov

Kesler = McCann

Bergeron = Horvat

Linden = Gaunce (poor mans variety)

Am I right?

maybe Boeser = Bret Hull

Beartschi Horvat Virtanen

Shinkaruk McCann Boeser

Gaunce Cassels Fox?

Kenins Vey Labate ?

--- Tanev

Corrado

Clendening

Hutton

Subban

Tryamkin

Brisebois

Markstrom

Demko

Guys like Jensen, Grenier, Jasek, Zhuke - hard to say where they will fit in.

We certainly have depth, but lacking high end skill- thatviscehy we need to package vets - vrabata, hammer, Edler, to get some high picks

What happened to fox? He's not on the development camp roster is that bc he is already pro in echl?

Edited by Canucks Curse
  • Upvote 1

Beartschi Horvat Virtanen

Shinkaruk McCann Boeser

Gaunce Cassels Fox?

Kenins Vey Labate ?

--- Tanev

Corrado

Clendening

Hutton

Subban

Tryamkin

Brisebois

Markstrom

Demko

Guys like Jensen, Grenier, Jasek, Zhuke - hard to say where they will fit in.

We certainly have depth, but lacking high end skill- thatviscehy we need to package vets - vrabata, hammer, Edler, to get some high picks

What happened to fox? He's not on the development camp roster is that bc he is already pro in echl?

I think - allow me...

Shinkaruk-Zhukenov-Boeser

Baertschi-Horvat-Jasek

Gaunce-Cassels-Virtanen

Stewart-McCann-Grenier

Kenins

Deadliest young forward group in the league imo, easily the next Tampa Bay.

Vey, Jensen, Labate, and Fox all will be callups or traded at some point

Hutton-Brisebois

Neill-Tanev/Corrado

Subban-Tryamkin

Pedan

Hutton and Brisebois both have 1st line potential, if they can continue to progress. I've just got a gut feeling about Carl Neill. I think he'll make the roster at some point. Subban and Tryamkin would be the ultimate Mutt-n-Jeff cycle line. Both have a good shot, and both can be very, very scary with the tools they use.

Markstrom/Demko

Demko/Markstrom

Depending on how Markstrom impresses over the next two years, we'll see whether he's the one to lead us to a championship or Thatcher Demko.

I think - allow me...

Shinkaruk-Zhukenov-Boeser

Baertschi-Horvat-Jasek

Gaunce-Cassels-Virtanen

Stewart-McCann-Grenier

Kenins

Deadliest young forward group in the league imo, easily the next Tampa Bay.

Vey, Jensen, Labate, and Fox all will be callups or traded at some point

Hutton-Brisebois

Neill-Tanev/Corrado

Subban-Tryamkin

Pedan

Hutton and Brisebois both have 1st line potential, if they can continue to progress. I've just got a gut feeling about Carl Neill. I think he'll make the roster at some point. Subban and Tryamkin would be the ultimate Mutt-n-Jeff cycle line. Both have a good shot, and both can be very, very scary with the tools they use.

Markstrom/Demko

Demko/Markstrom

Depending on how Markstrom impresses over the next two years, we'll see whether he's the one to lead us to a championship or Thatcher Demko.

I hope you're not being serious... Hutton and Brisebois do not have 1st pairing potential and Shinkaruk will not be a first liner. He doesn't have the elite speed or hands to make up for his size.

• Upvote 1

I hope you're not being serious... Hutton and Brisebois do not have 1st pairing potential and Shinkaruk will not be a first liner. He doesn't have the elite speed or hands to make up for his size.

Shinkaruk is also only 20 years old.

Yes there's a good chance that these guys won't be first liners, but it's not impossible with some hard work. Who would have thought Edler would be a top pair defenseman at age 18? Not a whole lot of people on here.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 1