The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lukas Jasek | RW

Not too concerned about Jasek's Extraliga numbers given the limited minutes he's getting at that level.

And Jasek appears to be putting up decent numbers this season in WSM Liga (1-Liga or Czech second tier) play. 

At least I think that's where he's played the games while loaned to HC Frydek-Mistek this year?

It's always confusing figuring out where he's playing from English language websites like Elite Prospects. They have Extraliga listed as Czech, WSM Liga (or 1-Liga) as Czech2, and 2-Liga as Czech3.

At least that's how it seems to work. Honestly I'm not even sure half the time where he's been playing when I look at his stats. :blink:

But he seems to be listed on the WSM Liga roster with 3 assists in 5 GP (which is better than zero points in 2 GP he had at that level last season).

Still very early days so we'll have to see where he plays most of this season, what kind of opportunities he gets, and how well he performs.

Hopefully he can at least finish the season with a regular spot (and decent minutes) on Trinec's Extraliga team.

2 hours ago, Sedinery33 said:

Not great, but hopefully not too bad. Could give him an inside shot at making the national team for world juniors

Yea. but if he was in Utica, the Canucks could probably control his development more closely. 

5 hours ago, pmalina said:

Unfortunately I didn´t watch Jasek that closely shift by shift but at least some highlights that caught my attention.

You could see he is one of the most skilled players on the team, his strength are his smarts, unusual and quick decisions and quickness on the forecheck (even though he was not used that much, played a center and was usually skating around middle of the ice. Few highlights:

- He escaped his own corner under the pressure and zone with a puck on his stick by smart moves (rejecting two forechecking players)

- He created a big chance on the forecheck around blueline where he stole a puck (was not a goal)

- He scored on PP, was left alone in front of goalie after bad giveaway, shot it low and scored on rebound (before the play he smartly jumped in the middle in o-zone and had a good shot

- He tried to create space for teammates by skilled passes going against flow of plays

He played 3rd line center, was used a lot on PK and 2nd PP ... I think he looked above other players on skill level but was not greater force as it was maybe hard for him to have a chemistry with his team (sometimes, team is now struggling). Anyway, limited view.

Thanks for the update....it sounds like Lukas has some special qualities, I hope they translate well to the NHL when he gets his chance!

22 hours ago, pmalina said:

Unfortunately I didn´t watch Jasek that closely shift by shift but at least some highlights that caught my attention.

You could see he is one of the most skilled players on the team, his strength are his smarts, unusual and quick decisions and quickness on the forecheck (even though he was not used that much, played a center and was usually skating around middle of the ice. Few highlights:

- He escaped his own corner under the pressure and zone with a puck on his stick by smart moves (rejecting two forechecking players)

- He created a big chance on the forecheck around blueline where he stole a puck (was not a goal)

- He scored on PP, was left alone in front of goalie after bad giveaway, shot it low and scored on rebound (before the play he smartly jumped in the middle in o-zone and had a good shot

- He tried to create space for teammates by skilled passes going against flow of plays

He played 3rd line center, was used a lot on PK and 2nd PP ... I think he looked above other players on skill level but was not greater force as it was maybe hard for him to have a chemistry with his team (sometimes, team is now struggling). Anyway, limited view.

Did he remind you of anyone playing in the NHL? Just to get a sense of playing style.

On 27. 10. 2016 at 9:45 PM, thejazz97 said:

Did he remind you of anyone playing in the NHL? Just to get a sense of playing style.

Oh, it is kinda hard for me, I don´t really know. Maybe he looks like Russian style forward - Semin? He little bit reminds me of Pavel Bure, but just by his look on the ice, not with all the speed and killing goalscoring touch, haha.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and gentlemen,

Jasek played 14:12 tonight!

4:37 in 1st period

3:33 in 2nd period

6:02 in 3rd period

He played on the wing.

Trinec played against last placed team in Karlovy Vary, won 3-0 but all goals scored in 3rd.

Edited by pmalina
  • Upvote 4

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 0:33 PM, J.R. said:

Icetime! :towel:

He's free of his Euro commitments this year/spring, right?

Yes, free of contract when season is finished. Unless they are like the KHL then it would be a calendar date, not too sure which one, but he will be free. Maybe even able to get him over for some AHL games near the end of the season

• Upvote 1

On 9. 11. 2016 at 8:31 PM, pmalina said:

Ladies and gentlemen,

Jasek played 14:12 tonight!

4:37 in 1st period

3:33 in 2nd period

6:02 in 3rd period

He played on the wing.

Trinec played against last placed team in Karlovy Vary, won 3-0 but all goals scored in 3rd.

Back to 5:52 in the game against strong Liberec team. He was -2 in the 1-2 loss.

Edited by pmalina
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Worth noting that Jašek's 8 points in 13 GP at the WSM Liga level places him 3rd in U20 scoring and 2nd in U20 points per game.

The two U20 players (Havránek and Kubíc) ahead of him in scoring have each played significantly more games (24 and 22 GP respectively).

The only U20 player (Lakatoš) with a better points per game rate has only played three games.

WSM Liga U20 stats: link

EDIT: For perspective, both Havránek and Lakatoš are in the Draft Analyst top-100 overagers (#79 and #23 respectively) and Kubíc is a C-rated (projected rounds 4-6) prospect on Central Scouting's 2017 Draft watch list.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 1