The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lukas Jasek | RW

So no points for Jašek today but still played a really strong game in a 3-2 loss.

Played 19:55 TOI. 2 shots. Even. 4/4 faceoffs (was splitting duties with another C/W so both of them could mainly take draws on their strong sides)

The stats line undersells how well he played. Much of this you can gather from my earlier post. I missed the middle frame but saw the end of the game and Jašek was one of the best players on the ice. Really solid two-way game. Broke up opposition chances. Defended the "home plate" area and the slot really well, keeping position on his checks and intercepting centering feeds. Was noticeable on clearances, exits/entries, and the breakout. Looked dangerous on some rushes. Worked hard on the boards and extended possession in the offensive zone.

Just solid, solid play.

Coach seemed to notice and had Jašek out for the final minute with the goalie pulled. Caught an offensive zone draw on an icing and sent Jašek right back out for the final 30 seconds (after a timeout to rest Liberec's best players--who Jašek was among).

Unfortunately, the tying goal didn't materialize. Would have loved to see Jašek get on the scoresheet for the GTG or GWG in overtime but alas, it just wasn't in the cards today.

Still, a very impressive game and one where Jašek really looked like an NHL prospect who might eventually find a role in the Canucks bottom-six.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

So no points for Jašek today but still played a really strong game in a 3-2 loss.

Played 19:55 TOI. 2 shots. Even. 4/4 faceoffs (was splitting duties with another C/W so both of them could mainly take draws on their strong sides)

The stats line undersells how well he played. Much of this you can gather from my earlier post. I missed the middle frame but saw the end of the game and Jašek was one of the best players on the ice. Really solid two-way game. Broke up opposition chances. Defended the "home plate" area and the slot really well, keeping position on his checks and intercepting centering feeds. Was noticeable on clearances, exits/entries, and the breakout. Looked dangerous on some rushes. Worked hard on the boards and extended possession in the offensive zone.

Just solid, solid play.

Coach seemed to notice and had Jašek out for the final minute with the goalie pulled. Caught an offensive zone draw on an icing and sent Jašek right back out for the final 30 seconds (after a timeout to rest Liberec's best players--who Jašek was among).

Unfortunately, the tying goal didn't materialize. Would have loved to see Jašek get on the scoresheet for the GTG or GWG in overtime but alas, it just wasn't in the cards today.

Still, a very impressive game and one where Jašek really looked like an NHL prospect who might eventually find a role in the Canucks bottom-six.

You make me happy. That is all. 

• Upvote 1

Jasek has been elevated to the first line for today's Extraliga game versus HC Skoda Plzen. Looks like his last game (the one I gushed about in the previous posts) also really impressed his coach!

Game starts soon. Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch so there won't be a detailed summary like last time. But I will update later with his game stats.

• Upvote 2

A little late but probably worth dropping this tweet into the thread:

Same kind of jersey Pettersson was wearing last game.

Nice to see Jašek making an impact in the Champions League as his team's top scorer. And sitting near the top of the team's scoring leaders (and best by per minute rate) in Extraliga.

And now playing first line today.

Early days, but this season (and the move to a new team) is really going as well as I'd hoped. :) 

• Upvote 2

Liberec loses 5-1 to Plzen. Somewhat predictable result as Plzen is top team (and has the league's leading scorer) and Liberec is a bit of a bottom feeder this year in Extraliga (at least so far this season).

So it's more of case of looking for "moral victories" in this game.

Unfortunately, I didn't watch this one so can't offer much detail on how Jašek played.

He appears to have stayed on the first line. Finished with 18:34 TOI (among top forwards). Only tagged with a -1 (which ain't bad in a 5-1 loss). No points and wasn't credited with a shot on goal. Had one hit. Played wing all game so didn't take any faceoffs.

Hard to know how effective he was from those numbers. Hopefully he played well enough to get another look on the top line next game.

• Upvote 2

Liberec plays Mountfield this morning (9am start Vancouver time).

Jašek moved back to centre on what's ostensibly the White Tigers' third line. However, his wingers are actually Liberec's 5th and 6th best forward scorers, so one could argue he's actually playing second line and an offensive role today.

EDIT: Based on early PPTOI stats, Jašek also appears to be playing in Liberec's first unit PP.

• Upvote 1

11:55 TOI today and 5/6 on faceoffs. Not much else to mention in Jašek's stat line. Liberec lost 3-1 and put up pretty poor shots totals. Jašek started out with good icetime but ended up getting a 10 minute unsportsmanlike and also serving a bench minor, so he spent 12 minutes in the penalty box this game (which obviously limited his TOI).

Jašek playing (game already started) in Extraliga action. Centering the third line with Lakatoš and Ordoš on his wings. I like this combination. Hopefully they play well. 

Liberec has struggled of late during a tough run against some of the better Czech teams. Today they face Litvínov, current cellar dwellers in Extraliga, so hopefully the White Tigers (and Jašek) can bust the slump and get some results.

EDIT: Liberec wins 3-2 in shootout 

No points for Jašek but he played a solid 14:35 TOI, with 2 hits, 2 SOG, 2 blocked shots, even +/-, and 6/9 on faceoffs. Good territorial play and shots numbers from his line.

Jašek playing today (game already started) as Liberec takes on Zlín. Tigers are currently up 2-0. Jašek playing 3C again with Lakatoš and Ordoš on his wings. 

Jašek and his linemates haven't scored but are getting chances and doing a good job with possession and zone time.

EDIT: Zlín comes back to tie to game and then wins in overtime. Jašek wasn't on ice for any goals against and finishes even. Played a bit of a checking role this game with modest icetime (11:52 TOI).

Finished with 2 SOG and 3/5 faceoffs.

Jašek also played today (admittedly Pettersson and Juolevi had me a little distracted ;)).

His stat line doesn't really tell the whole story. Zeros across the board on the basic counting stats.

However, based on the play-by-play, reports, and live updates, he had a strong game. Figured prominently in scoring chances (unfortunately he put shots wide),  won some puck battles, and his line with Ordoš and Lakatoš were quite active and sustained offensive pressure.

Finished with 18:33 TOI (5th highest forward icetime) after starting on the 3rd line, which suggests his coach liked Jašek's game today, despite him

not putting up any numbers.

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

@Guile:

:lol: Very well done! ^^

I honestly lol'd (which is rare). Cheers for that! :) 

I'd +100 if I could.

Hahahaha was busing home from work and it just slammed into my head. Got halfway through changing into casuals at home and was like "Wait! Gotta make that pun NOW NOW NOW"

30 minutes ago, Derp... said:

For a 6th round pick he looks like he has bottom 6 NHL potential. If he can be an NHL player someday it would be a big win. Most of our 6th and 7th rounders have been uninspiring lately. Palmu is the other exception

Definitely bottom-six potential. The stats don't really show it but Jašek's biggest gains the past couple years have been in his two-way/200 ft game. He's become a pretty solid all-around player. And he can still chip in offense. Also helps that he's able to play all three forward positions.

• Upvote 1