Sign in to follow this  
suitup

Tate Olson | D

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Eberle is working with McJesus, Yak is working with nobody

Sadly they'd have to add to even get Drouin at this rate

If they're ever going to start actually winning they:

One - need to start drafting/developing FAR better outside top 10 picks.

Two - are going to have to overpay/'lose' some deals to get some needed pieces.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Now the word is that they are pretty much writing Yakky off.

Remember how just before McDavid went down, they were all excited at how well he was working with him?  Shoulda BJ MacDonald'd him.

18 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Remember how just before McDavid went down, they were all excited at how well he was working with him?  Shoulda BJ MacDonald'd him.

Classic! Who will remember BJ on here. The Oilers could play that trick for years and really cash in!

Olson is really surprising me especially him being a 7th round pick. he's progressing quite well it sounds like. pretty happy if he ever makes it to the NHL. would be a feel good story for sure. love the late round picks that make it to the NHL. Hansen was a 9th round pick wasn't he? look at what he's doing as he's entering his prime years. good for him. hope Tate makes it. even if it means he's a 3rd pairing guy down the road. that in my opinion for a seventh round pick, would be deemed as a success. 

Benning is good with late rounders. Historically, he's landed Miller in the 5th, Gaustad in the 7th, and Wideman in the 8th. That's just his Buffalo days as  head scout, and those are just the guys currently still playing. Benning also liked Stewart (7th rounder) enough to throw him a contract last year. 

We could really have something with Olson, hope he keeps it up.

• Upvote 1

On Thursday February 18, 2016 at 3:17 PM, Hutton Wink said:

Otoh, neither Berry nor Lariviere produced anything worthwhile for the Oilers after they got them for MacDonald, so perhaps isn't such a worthwhile move.

You sometimes get the right kid, who has all the tools and attitude, but maybe needed better direction and coaching, can sometimes really pay off for you.

Here's hoping!

Every year he seems to double his production.  This could end up being a fantastic pick for the Canucks.  A late bloomer who appears to have landed in an environment that has helped him find his game.

On 21/02/2016 at 0:30 AM, clam linguine said:

A goal for Tate in a 3-1 win over Red Deer Saturday. +- was even.

Lol the goal was a shot that was deflected by a defenseman and then bounced off the backboards and then went in off the back of the goaltenders skate. It was pretty much a complete fluke. 

He also scored on Saturday in a loss. That goal was a little better. 

12 hours ago, LarsEller said:

Lol the goal was a shot that was deflected by a defenseman and then bounced off the backboards and then went in off the back of the goaltenders skate. It was pretty much a complete fluke. 

He also scored on Saturday in a loss. That goal was a little better. 

lol...I was going to jokingly say it was a 60 foot slapshot top corner to add some color. Lucky me.

Not Ranked at as a top 20 Canucks prospect by Hockeys Future Spring 2016 along with Neill. Top 5 from Button, but couldn't crack the HF top 20? Seem's strange to me.

10 hours ago, Derp... said:

Not Ranked at as a top 20 Canucks prospect by Hockeys Future Spring 2016 along with Neill. Top 5 from Button, but couldn't crack the HF top 20? Seem's strange to me.

HF rankings are always screwy.  I feel they just do a broad overview generally.

1 hour ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

Hockey's Future is a joke lol

I agree. It's just someone's opinion. Take it for what it's worth (not much).

• Upvote 1

Tate should be in over Cederholm and Petit anyway, Probably Sautner as well, it's hard to put him higher just yet, let's see how his playoffs go.

If he has grown 10 Lbs or more that alone would increase his rating in my book.

Olson didn't play in tonight's final game, so his season comes to a close with 9-38-47 in 65 games, good for 19th in league scoring for defencemen. Massive improvement over last year. First round matchup for PG is against Seattle starting on Friday!

• Upvote 2