Sign in to follow this  
suitup

Tate Olson | D

So he's another Sbisa? CDC will love that.

Lol where did that come from?

People say he's SAFE all-round. Big difference there :P

He has the tools - of course there is no guarantee he will, but he can. And you're missing my point, Tate with his tools probably should have gone higher, still no guarantee it will pan out, but it's a promise.

Count on the Nucks to develop him in two years to be a great blueliner.

I love the optimism, and I actually like the pick myself.. but its still a seventh round pick. I won't be counting on him developing into a great player because so very few players taken in the later rounds become even 'decent' players by NHL standards (100+ career NHL games).

I will however pay attention to his development and hope to see positive steps and maybe one day he'll progress into an NHL player. Counting on greatness from any newly drafted player is high hopes.. counting on greatness from a seventh rounder is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Lol where did that come from?

People say he's SAFE all-round. Big difference there :P

People that actually watch him play say otherwise.

He's definitely got a lot of skill his problem is that he's not exactly the safest D-man to have out there. He makes too many mistakes. That being said he's a heck of a nice guy and has flashes of brilliance but I'd say he's got a long way to go if he wants to make the show

• Upvote 1

He's definitely got a lot of skill his problem is that he's not exactly the safest D-man to have out there. He makes too many mistakes. That being said he's a heck of a nice guy and has flashes of brilliance but I'd say he's got a long way to go if he wants to make the show

That's good to hear, but where did you hear that from?

That's good to hear, but where did you hear that from?

From talking with him I'm a Season Ticket Holder and make a point of getting to know the players

• Upvote 1

From talking with him I'm a Season Ticket Holder and make a point of getting to know the players

That's really awesome, thanks for letting us know. Keep us posted!

I prefer a young defenseman to have deficiencies in his defensive game rather than offensive. Defence can be taught, as long as he's willing to learn, but you can't teach offensive instincts and in order for a player like him to be successful that part of his game will need to translate.

Edited by JC2

I need to get in on some Cougars games this year. It's nice to have a Canucks prospect in the lineup rather than just seeing opposing teams with Canucks prospects.

• Upvote 1

Canucks News ‏@CanucksNow 3h3 hours ago

#Canucks prospect Tate Olson had 1 assist for Prince George last night. He now has 7 points (all assists) in 7 games.

False according to stats from Saturdays game