Sign in to follow this  
suitup

Tate Olson | D

False according to stats from Saturdays game

His Cougar stats show 7 assists in 7 games

Edited by Canorth

I understand why it might have slipped onto the back burner what with the orgy of activity dissecting the much sexier picks at the other end of the draft (drafts) but this guy remains a prospect, one who hasn't played a game in about two weeks. The lack of injury updates on the WHL network is bothersome so if someone in the know knows, could you share? Just trying to show some love for the 7th rounder!

I understand why it might have slipped onto the back burner what with the orgy of activity dissecting the much sexier picks at the other end of the draft (drafts) but this guy remains a prospect, one who hasn't played a game in about two weeks. The lack of injury updates on the WHL network is bothersome so if someone in the know knows, could you share? Just trying to show some love for the 7th rounder!

The last I heard was 'out with an upper body injury', I was hoping he'd be back soon because his team is supposed to be on Shaw TV 3 times this month; Nov.18th, 27th and 28th.

http://www.whl.ca/whl-tv-broadcast-schedules

Edited by Amish Rake Fighter

So ...... A sore neck or an ice pick through one of his eyes or something else "upperbodyish". Thanks for this. Let's hope he gets well soon.

5 minutes ago, Big Mike said:

Update on this Tate's been an all around beast this year he's far better in his own zone. Honestly I'm shocked by how much better he's looking, not only that but he's a possession monster as well. Tonight he had control of the puck in his own zone for extended periods of time and led several breakouts as well. His hockey IQ and stick handling have  improved as well not to mention he's doing a great job of correcting his own mistakes ( giving the puck away and then immediately stealing it back) I think if he remains consistent let alone keeps improving he'll prove to be a steal of a pick.

I caught the OT period and Tate really has a good set of wheels.  Can skate and can control the puck very well.  Looks like a solid contributor to PG

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I caught the OT period and Tate really has a good set of wheels.  Can skate and can control the puck very well.  Looks like a solid contributor to PG

He really was able to take over the game at times tonight and got 1st star with 1 assist which was very well earned he's been the cougs best defense man so far by a fair bit.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Big Mike said:

He really was able to take over the game at times tonight and got 1st star with 1 assist which was very well earned he's been the cougs best defense man so far by a fair bit.

I'm very surprised that he's outpacing Harkins right now.

12 hours ago, Shiftynifty said:

I'm very surprised that he's outpacing Harkins right now.

Same here Harkins is still playing great though he just isn't finding the back of the net. 

The first 7th round pick to show some potential since Jason King (2001), although Tommernes and Bliznak showed some promise as well. 

I managed to finally get to watch a Cougars game earlier this month. Unfortunately, it was during Tate's injury so I wasn't able to see him, but at least we smoked Lethbridge. lol

7 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

The first 7th round pick to show some potential since Jason King (2001), although Tommernes and Bliznak showed some promise as well. 

Stewart?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Stewart?

I wouldn't quite put Stewart there yet. He is big, fights, and skates well for his size. However, he is still a long way from establishing himself as a legit prospect. 10 years ago I'd agree with you. A player with his size and fighting ability probably makes it to the NHL as an enforcer as long as they can skate fairly well and not be a complete liability defensively. 

Once he sticks full-time in the AHL I will change my mind. 

On 11/28/2015, 8:56:15, ihaveyuidonttouchme said:

had a great game last night

#25 black

Too bad that no one seems to be coming out to the Cougars games. Looks like a lot of empty seats there.

On 11/29/2015, 9:48:54, GarthButcher5 said:

Too bad that no one seems to be coming out to the Cougars games. Looks like a lot of empty seats there.

It's slowly going up. Gotta realize just how terrible previous ownership was. It's gonna take some time to change the perception of the team around town.

Another assist for Olson today.

• Upvote 1

Another great game by Olson as he picked up 2nd star and an assist. He's having an awesome season so far 16 points in 20 games and on a 6 game point streak right now. I'm really really happy to see how much he's improved he's been our best defense-man so far and his +7 is good for second best on the team

Edited by Big Mike
  • Upvote 1