The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tate Olson | D

saucypass

3 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

He will definitely be filling out some more.  I've seen him around town a couple times and you can tell he's going to put on some more weight in the next couple of years.  

I'm not trying to be funny but seriously how do you tell something like that?

48 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

I think his coach was on 1040 today. Anyone know what he said??

He said due to injuries on D players had to step up and play big minutes, Olsen being one of them. Has to put on muscle to physically handle the bigger guys in W and going forward in his career, but he is young so that comes with time. Said he makes some good no look passes that make the coaches look at eachother in dibelieve saying did he just do that...

Says he has some upside for his offensive abilities, but like any prospect has to remember to bring in every game and work on his all around consistancy. Overall the coach had nothing but positive things to say about Olsen, also seems like Hamhuis being an owner has helped that organization out and seems like they arent in such a big financial hole.

The coach also had previously coached sbisa and bonino in syracuse of the ahl I believe, just a side note that I can remember. Probably missed some stuff

6 hours ago, Nigerian said:

Can someone answer why Olsen doesn't get a lot of attention like our other prospects? How does he play? By looking at just numbers you'd think CDC would be doing a lot more "he's the saviour" speeches. 

he was actually recently named to the canucks top 5 prospects by craig button which is good to see.

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-s-top-50-nhl-affiliated-prospects-1.436669

bottom of the page they have the top 5 prospects for each canadian team.

12 hours ago, Nd1989 said:

he was actually recently named to the canucks top 5 prospects by craig button which is good to see.

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-s-top-50-nhl-affiliated-prospects-1.436669

bottom of the page they have the top 5 prospects for each canadian team.

Can we just take a moment and realize that in 5 solid years with four 1st overall picks and 1 top 10 pick that the Oilers' perceived best prospects are

Brossoit, Bear, Slepyshev, Jones and Paigin....

That is freaking terrible really

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Can we just take a moment and realize that in 5 solid years with four 1st overall picks and 1 top 10 pick that the Oilers' perceived best prospects are

it is all their 1sts are on the roster tho i believe, things should change with new management their you would think

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Well, the Oilers' five top picks are all in the NHL, so it's actually not that bad. And their 5th best prospect is a defenseman who is putting up points in the KHL... the prospects are bigger than their names, so it's not all that terrible for them.

For us, I think it's impressive that all our top picks came outside the top 20 in every draft. That, and I'm very surprised Tryamkin wasn't on that list.

1 hour ago, thejazz97 said:

Well, the Oilers' five top picks are all in the NHL, so it's actually not that bad. And their 5th best prospect is a defenseman who is putting up points in the KHL... the prospects are bigger than their names, so it's not all that terrible for them.

For us, I think it's impressive that all our top picks came outside the top 20 in every draft. That, and I'm very surprised Tryamkin wasn't on that list.

With all the top-10 picks (primarily 1st overall) what else should be expected?  The point is -- what else do they have outside the first round?  Slepychev?  Pitlick?  As bad as the Canucks' drafts have been, consider this wasteland:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00005632.html

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

With all the top-10 picks (primarily 1st overall) what else should be expected?  The point is -- what else do they have outside the first round?  Slepychev?  Pitlick?  As bad as the Canucks' drafts have been, consider this wasteland:

Yup.

Not even a single 2nd 3rd 4th or 5th round gem that even got a sniff of NHL time thus far let alone potential in the AHL as of yet.  It's really REALLY sad after you take their 1st overall picks and Nurse out of the equation.  I all of a sudden don't feel so bad for us and our drafting dept

55 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

That's fair.

20 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Yup.

Not even a single 2nd 3rd 4th or 5th round gem that even got a sniff of NHL time thus far let alone potential in the AHL as of yet.  It's really REALLY sad after you take their 1st overall picks and Nurse out of the equation.  I all of a sudden don't feel so bad for us and our drafting dept

Now the word is that they are pretty much writing Yakky off.

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Eberle is working with McJesus, Yak is working with nobody

Sadly they'd have to add to even get Drouin at this rate

If they're ever going to start actually winning they:

One - need to start drafting/developing FAR better outside top 10 picks.

Two - are going to have to overpay/'lose' some deals to get some needed pieces.

18 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Remember how just before McDavid went down, they were all excited at how well he was working with him?  Shoulda BJ MacDonald'd him.

Classic! Who will remember BJ on here. The Oilers could play that trick for years and really cash in!

Archived