The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Markstrom

mikez8

Markstrom should be good. If not, we have Demko and Cannata who can come up. If that doesn't look good, it's a buyer's market for goalies. The Canucks can get a decent goalie for only a 3rd rounder.

For those wanting a full rebuild, you probably want Miller and Markstrom to fail anyway. Lack would win games which is bad for you.

Not sweating the goalie situation at all.

Markstrom should be good. If not, we have Demko and Cannata who can come up. If that doesn't look good, it's a buyer's market for goalies. The Canucks can get a decent goalie for only a 3rd rounder.

For those wanting a full rebuild, you probably want Miller and Markstrom to fail anyway. Lack would win games which is bad for you.

Not sweating the goalie situation at all.

Well you won't see Demko for a least a couple more years since he's still in college.

Well you won't see Demko for a least a couple more years since he's still in college.

I'm assuming we give Markstrom at least 2-3 years to see how things pan out. We can always go to market and get a veteran goalie to bridge the gap between Markstrom and Demko if necessary. I'm also hoping by then the defense will improve in which case average goaltending will suffice.

Im hoping for the best with Markstrom, but I'm

not holding my breath. He has a major hurdle to cross, which is his mental game. He just can't seem to adjust to the NHL game or the high pressure games, no denying the talent, but he still has a lot to prove.

I'm assuming we give Markstrom at least 2-3 years to see how things pan out. We can always go to market and get a veteran goalie to bridge the gap between Markstrom and Demko if necessary. I'm also hoping by then the defense will improve in which case average goaltending will suffice.

A top 4 D pair is so important to how successful your goaltender will be. Without them, the goalie looks average.

Markstrom is a big man and his size covers a lot of net with all that equipment. He will do well with good support as will Miller.

you will all be impressed with Jacob markstrom.he was tremendous in utica and will be missed enjoy him in Vancouver and good luck markie

He has proven over and over that he is a fabulous AHL goalie. I think Cal O'reilly is also a fabulous AHL player.

A top 4 D pair is so important to how successful your goaltender will be. Without them, the goalie looks average.

Markstrom is a big man and his size covers a lot of net with all that equipment. He will do well with good support as will Miller.

Totally agree. I think Lack will look average to below average in Carolina. I feel bad for him but he will become a free agent and then can choose his next adventure soon.

Canucks D is alright but help from the forwards is also key. I'm hoping both will improve as the team gets younger. I think Markstrom is in a good situation and will do well but good to know there's fallback options

not holding my breath. He has a major hurdle to cross, which is his mental game. He just can't seem to adjust to the NHL game or the high pressure games, no denying the talent, but he still has a lot to prove.

Don't we all when we are just starting out.

He has only played in about 50 NHL games, so it might be fair to give him a little slack. It is worthy to say that minding the net for the Florida Panthers probably added to some of the problems he may have experienced.

He needs time to build NHL confidence like Lack. I do not feel there will be much to hold your breath for when he gets his bearings in Vancouver. He needs support and a show of good team comraderie.

He was rushed into to nhl by Florida with no veteran leadership or proper development. It was an amazing bounce back year. I'm hoping it's like Devon Dubnyk(sp?) and Edmonton.

Kind of like our second for Sven. He was a high first that seemed to lose his way from being rushed into the NHL.

Whether it works or not it looks like management is gambling with high skilled prospects they think haven't been properly supported in their early development.

With the playoff mandate management that has been given Trevor and Benning have to try something.... Otherwise we will see the AQ's stick their nose back into things.... ie: the Kesler/Schnieder/Luongo fiascos.

Markstrom was scrutinized by Canuck brass in the recent Comets play off run. They are confident he can make the jump to the NHL.

Reliable defenders make a huge difference to a goalie and I am certain there will be some movement on the Canucks blue line before training camp. Bieksa is clearly on his way out but there is no pressure to make the move any more. I fully expect a physical player to be added to the line up to address the beat down they took in the Calgary series.

Joe Cannata #TankNation

Someone should post the ultimate tank nation lineup. For sure Sbisa as #1 D and Miller buyout to waste cap space and make sure we reach the cap floor. Keeping him risks us having too many wins even if he's the backup.

I also think we bring Sestito back and put him on the top line with McMillan and try to bring back Tanner Glass.

This would the the dream for many season. Ticket holders.

Someone should post the ultimate tank nation lineup. For sure Sbisa as #1 D and Miller buyout to waste cap space and make sure we reach the cap floor. Keeping him risks us having too many wins even if he's the backup.

I also think we bring Sestito back and put him on the top line with McMillan and try to bring back Tanner Glass.

This would the the dream for many season. Ticket holders.

Shinkaruk-Vey-Jensen

Baertschi-BMac-Dorsett

Sedin-Friesen-Fox

Sedin-Cassels-Kenins

Grenier

Sbisa-Pedan

Hutton-Tanev

Stanton-Clendening

Corrado

Cannata

Markstrom

And we'd have 9-10 (at least) picks in the first 2-3 rounds