The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] M.Richards(LA) Contract Terminated

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 21s22 seconds ago
Kings place Mike Richards on waivers (buyout).

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 4s5 seconds ago
Parenteau and Fistric also on waivers.

Not surprised with these moves as teams want cap space. Makes you wonder how the league can allow Arizona to take on a retired players contract in Pronger who has an office job, but the possiblilty of Richards and PAP not being picked up is fairly good. NHL needs to fix that rule immediately in my opinion.

Fistric might get picked up and maybe PAP as i think this is his last year

---------------------------------------------------------

Kings terminate Mike Richards' contract:

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Kings have terminated the contract of forward Mike Richards, the club announced today.

The club has issued the following statement and will not comment any further at this time:

"The Los Angeles Kings today have exercised the team's right to terminate the contract of Mike Richards for a material breach of the requirements of his Standard Player's Contract. We are not prepared to provide any more detail or to discuss the underlying grounds for the contract termination at this time."

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=772880

yes Richards could be a good pickup. maybe Chicago tries the other richards on a cheap deal haha

He could help alot of teams, he should have the fire inside and want to prove people wrong. he is only 30.

Dare i say the canucks offer him a 1 or 2 yr deal. Could allow us to put bonino on wing, Richards is good pker and i think better at faceoffs than bonino

Surprised Parenteau is placed on waivers he was supposed to be a Top 6 player awhile back. What happened?

He's very good at picking up points off the backs of talented players like Tavares and Duchene. He's just terrible at everything else. As bad as everyone thought the Pap for Briere trade was we got exactly what we wanted: a bad contract off the books a year earlier.

He's going to get a 1 way contract because he wants to play in the NHL and he is good enough to play in the NHL.

If he is not good enough to play for LA he is not good enough to play for us, I don't care about other teams.

And:

Lombardi admits he made a mistake not exercising compliance buyout on Richards:

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/lombardi-burned-by-second-chance-1.320414

Is Fistric just too slow is that why he keeps getting traded/dumped?

He's getting too old and he, like players like Bieksa, are finding that they're getting squeezed out in favor of younger players - more so with Fistric than Bieksa, obviously. But, I would believe Bieksa will find the same challenge next year.

He's very good at picking up points off the backs of talented players like Tavares and Duchene. He's just terrible at everything else. As bad as everyone thought the Pap for Briere trade was we got exactly what we wanted: a bad contract off the books a year earlier.

Why wasn't Colorado able to trade Parenteau at the deadline for something then? He still might be worth a 2nd-3rd round pick at the very minimum.

He's getting too old and he, like players like Bieksa, are finding that they're getting squeezed out in favor of younger players - more so with Fistric than Bieksa, obviously. But, I would believe Bieksa will find the same challenge next year.

29 is old???

Archived