The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sky is not falling, Canucks fans - Aaron Ward (Team1040)

Rush17

Ward is good listening. I love when he (or anyone else) puts Pratt in his place. What a donkey.

Agreed. Pratt and Bro Jake are just brutal. Every time Ward gives it to them they just laugh and play it off like a joke. I swear if Ward didn't work for TSN or Team 1040 was a TSN station, Ward wouldn't give these two bums the light of day.

oh CDC

when arron ward is the calming voice of reason............ :picard:

Basically this...

The sky is falling when you have a ageing core, legit dog poo of defence, and a group of unproven prospects (Aside from Horvat of course). Then there's the issue of getting defeated by the Calgary fricking Flames.. Who in turn get dougie Hamilton :(

Then you have the issue of the management repeating the same mistake as the old regime of trying to retool on the fly instead of acknowledging that a rebuild is needed.

It's like trying to heal an old horse with a broken leg lol you have to put it down one day..

/end rant

I'm going to pass, since I never really respected Ward as an analyst, and the off-season isn't over yet, so it's kinda hard to make judgements anyway. But overall, it's not that the sky is falling, it's that the sky has already fallen. It fell when we lost in 2011. Even since the Canucks have been undergoing the process of picking up the pieces.

This is the exact quote Pratt said

"This organization had it's worst draft in it's history"

Lol, what the hell are you talking about? The year we drafted Patrick White? What the hell? The Kings problem last year was their DEFENSE? YOU KIDDING ME? Did you not see how slow they were?

Jesus Christ he's such an idiot.

Lol, what the hell are you talking about? The year we drafted Patrick White? What the hell?

Oh wow. I can think of at least 5 drafts worse than this one, and this draft wasn't even that bad IMO.

Did he just say we had our worst draft in history? This is why people think Canucks fans are stupid. I'd say few people are upset with our picks, most of the unrest comes from not trading Bieksa, and some feel we didn't get full value for the guy who was our starting goalie to end the last two seasons.

Basically this...

The sky is falling when you have a ageing core, legit dog poo of defence, and a group of unproven prospects (Aside from Horvat of course). Then there's the issue of getting defeated by the Calgary fricking Flames.. Who in turn get dougie Hamilton :(

Then you have the issue of the management repeating the same mistake as the old regime of trying to retool on the fly instead of acknowledging that a rebuild is needed.

It's like trying to heal an old horse with a broken leg lol you have to put it down one day..

/end rant

Need 5 years of work experience to get this job... how the hell do you get experience if you need experience to get a job in the first place?

Gotta start from somewhere. Can't just rely on old dudes constantly.

Aging core... unproven prospects (kinda an oxymoron)... what do you want? You can't just go out and grab a bunch of 27 year olds who are going to lead your team to a Cup. That doesn't happen. You need to develop them.

What CDC really wants is us to be on the forefront of everything. Always making THE biggest trades and always having THE biggest signings. Otherwise it must mean that we are doing a horrible job.

Also love that fact that people are criticizing a draft two days after it happened. TWO DAYS. Holy crap I had no idea this many people could see into the future.

Lol, what the hell are you talking about? The year we drafted Patrick White? What the hell?

Ah, I found the problem...

You're quoting Dave Pratt, who's job is to stir the pot, whether the Canucks win or lose.

"What the hell are you talking about" is the desired response.

i still remember back when our 1st round pick came down to the podium on crutches, long time ago but not a good sign on draft day, lol.

This years draft was fine, we got a bunch of kids that have a great shot at the big show in time.

We have had some rather epicly bad drafts historically so this years draft would be ranked in the better half easily

Basically this...

/end rant

haha legit dogpoo

Ah, I found the problem...

You're quoting Dave Pratt, who's job is to stir the pot, whether the Canucks win or lose.

"What the hell are you talking about" is the desired response.

Meh, i think at this point it's more pitty and sadness.

How did he get his job back here again? Wasn't he let go? Can that happen again? Please?

Archived