The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Breaking News: See Ya Bieksa!

AboardTheWCE

Bieksa to the Ducks for a second round pick.

Well, that saga is over, good that Benning ended it quickly.......after the trade proposal on the draft floor fell through with the Sharks.

Good luck Kev! You were the heart and soul of this team, but maybe both sides are better from the trade.

As per TSN.

Great deal. Bieksa gets to end up in a great city with a great team, he earned that.

Dont hate the return either.

Strong draft next year.

That's what it's about for 2016. We will see more ntc's cut and shipped for 2nd rounders and 3rd's. Take some of the shackles of this team and let change take it's course. I am pumped for the upcoming season. Thanks for the memories Kev!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3WeW9EUd9I

Good luck Kevin, will miss your interviews and stuff... Yeah.... Oh and thanks for helping bring the Canucks to the finals, your community work, and overall work with the organization.

Didnt want the ducks to win the cup because of Maroon and Perry.... Now that changes with Kesler, Bieksa, and potentially Ritchie and Theodore on the team.

Here come the tributes from the same people who have been ripping him for months!

I have been advocating for a Bieksa trade, as have many others. It is the right thing for the organization. But, like most others, I like and admire Kevin and am sorry to see him go. He has been a great contributor for a long time, especially in the 2011 Cup run that almost resulted in a Cup.

He has also been great in the community and in the media.

But, like all of us, he is getting older. He is not as good as he used to be. The Canucks cannot contend for a Cup with their current structure. They need to get younger and they need a good draft in 2016.

Good luck, Kevin. I really hope things go well for you in SJ.

Archived