The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AriGold's *Real Money* Fantasy League Hockey Pool

AriGold

0.jpg

Hello good friends,

After having a discussing with SN-Admin I have been approved to have a Real Money pool on CDC.

*This pool is in no way affiliated with Canucks.com, forum.canucks.com and is at your own risk to enter.*

This thread is simply a place where I will gather a list of people who are interested in entering this type of pool and to discuss how we would like to run the league.

Some rules to note.

1. $20 entry fee into this pool, the money will need to either Paypal or Email transfer prior to the draft beginning to AriGold. Email address will be provided. If you don't trust that I will payout the money at the end of the pool then that is your choice to not enter the pool. Once the money is received from you it will NOT be returned under any circumstances and will be used only to pay out to the winners.

2. Payouts will be 1st - $225, 2nd - $75

3. The Pool will be a snake draft consisting of 10F, 4D.

4. Draft will start on September 11th 2015 7am.

5. 3 re-drafts will be done during the season where a GM is allowed to drop UPTO 2 players (INJURED OR NOT) of his choosing and pick from the undrafted pick list. The order of the re-draft will be from the bottom of the league standings to the top THEN the bottom again to the top *Note the re-draft is not snake style*

6. Pool start and end dates - October 7, 2015 April 9, 2016

7. Re Draft dates are as follows
- Nov 11th swap to take place for the night of Nov 18th. *final night for the 2 replaced players will be Nov 17th*
- Dec 30th, swap to take place for the night of Jan 6th. *final night for the 2 replaced players will be Jan 5th*
- Feb 16th, swap to take place for the night of Feb 23rd. *final night for the 2 replaced players will be Feb 22nd*

8. Pool will be run on
http://www.pickuphockey.com/

Login: CDC2015
Password: Password

9. Max number of teams will be 20.

10. No trading is permitted.

Goal - 1 point
Assist - 1 point

zcOUp66.png

I'm interested and ok with you taking my $. What will the point system be like. I prefer a simple point system myself similar to NHL stats.

This will not be any sort of advanced stats pool.

A simple pool something like below. This is going to apart of the discussions when we get a full team of 20 GM's.

Goal - 1 point

Assist - 1 point

Goalie Win - 1point

Goalie Shutout - 1 point

Goalie Assist - 1 point

This will not be any sort of advanced stats pool.

A simple pool something like below. This is going to apart of the discussions when we get a full team of 20 GM's.

Goal - 1 point

Assist - 1 point

Goalie Win - 1point

Goalie Shutout - 1 point

Goalie Assist - 1 point

that would be nice I like simplicity. Scoring should be adjusted though to make it somewhat even.

Maybe 2 for a goalie win.
Price last year:
44win = 88pts
6otl = 3pts
9so = 9pts
1a = 1pt
101pts
Benn last year:
87pts = 87 pts

Question to those that are in.

that would be nice I like simplicity. Scoring should be adjusted though to make it somewhat even.

Maybe 2 for a goalie win.
Rinne last year:
41 w = 82pts
6 otl = 3pts
4 so = 4pts
1 assist = 1pt
total pts = 90 pts
Benn last year:
87pts = 87 pts

Do we want goalies to reign the top though ? That's a question I get during all my real money pools.

With their being only a certain amount of "Good" goalies in the league the guy who takes one last might be screwed. I don't want goalies to be that powerful when their is only so many of them that are good.

Question to those that are in.

Do we want goalies to reign the top though ? That's a question I get during all my real money pools.

With their being only a certain amount of "Good" goalies in the league the guy who takes one last might be screwed. I don't want goalies to be that powerful when their is only so many of them that are good.

perhaps add +/- and it evens it out probably. if Benn was hypothetically +30 throughout the year, thats 15 more pts.

perhaps add +/- and it evens it out probably. if Benn was hypothetically +30 throughout the year, thats 15 more pts.

+- will take away from the simplicity of it though.

I like goalies being picked 4th-6th round and not 1st-2nd.

Reason being people get a true chance to take a "Power" goalie when they want instead of it being a rush job because they are worth so much to the pool.

Thats fine, a top goalie would be equivalent to a 40-50 point player, so everyone would just need to be aware.

Yeah, my only point was the one I added in above in the Edit.

If you picked dead last in this pool I want you to have the chance to take Rask or Price or Rinne etc at your choosing.

If we make goalies worth that many points you won't get that chance and now the "Draft position" has determined peoples teams and not the GM as much as I would like. People won't be as included to take a goalie in the first 2-3 rounds based on this.

Archived