The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rocket League [PC/PS4]

rocket-league.jpg
Rocket League might sound simple at first. You play as one of a bunch of rocket powered cars on a field and hit around a giant soccer ball. You can go from 1v1 to 4v4, and on top of that there are numerous customizations and such to be done to your vehicle. You can use the boosts along the field and other things to try and fly through the air and snipe a shot, or do bicycle kicks, etc.
Back in the beta, this game is the most fun I've had with a game in a long time. It comes out soon, and on July 7th it will be coming for free to Playstation Plus users, so really if you have a PS4 it's a no-brainer to try it out. Also going to Steam but not for free like Plus, I believe it's $20 there.
I was already 100% going to buy this game for the PS4, but now it's going to be free for everyone with Plus, which is basically everyone that has online. Try it out when it comes if it interests you. At first I thought it was just some odd soccer game with cars and I didn't really care for it. But I got a beta invitation, tried it out and it's likely going to be my most played game once it comes out for a long time. It will likely become an eSport.

I feel like I've played this before. Not sure why. Is there any chance a similar game has been out before?

Racing games have had soccer minigames in them before. You might be thinking about one of those

Yeah I was playing it a bunch last night after the servers were back up and running. They were hit pretty hard with the PS4 and Steam launch. That's to be expected with an indie developer though, especially when you see the big devs having their servers shut down as well.

Rocket League is awesome!!

Yeah I was playing it a bunch last night after the servers were back up and running. They were hit pretty hard with the PS4 and Steam launch. That's to be expected with an indie developer though, especially when you see the big devs having their servers shut down as well.

Rocket League is awesome!!

True. I hope they don`t get so much hate for that.

Have you guys been called a bunch of bad names in the chat? I guess I'm not used to it because I don't normally play online in games, but it seems pretty bad.

The funniest is being called a hacker over and over for beating them down.

Last game I was being called a bunch of homophobic slurs so I scored a sweet aerial goal and they shut up.

I don't know why they are hating so bad, I normally compliment them on their saves and goals throughout the match. Oh well, doesn't really bother me, I was just wondering if it was happening to you guys.

Archived