The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Knowing what you know, now! (Discussion)

Which of these trades would you have made on draft day, knowing what you know now  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pretty much to late now, but would you make any off these trades now......would they been accepted by the other team?

Being that I wanted to trade everyone before this draft, I am just wondering what you thought about these.........

Interesting week! Hope you partake in this pole.....

Where did the last two trades came from. Source?

If and this is going to be a big if JB turned down the Vrbata and Kass trade then he made a big mistake.

As for the oiler's one, hell no! Beside I doubt hammer would have waived to the oilers.

I think the source is the OPs X-Box

Far as I can see, the Bieska trade was offered......I don't think the other 2 were offered. Probably his offers. He made a lot of suggestions (proposals)..........he took a lot of heat. I told him he was crazy! Maybe not as much as we thought! LOL

Anyways........now that I have seen Benning in action, these are better than his!....that's not saying much...but they are! :)

Only the first one is anything we actually had any knowledge of, and only the stupidest person in the world would think that Anaheim's 2016 2nd is better than San Jose's. The other deals weren't rumoured in any way and probably wouldn't happen.

Interesting week! Hope you partake in this pole.....

barber.gif

No these are ones I heard about or ones I thought of my self..........so you think they are worse than Bennings?

Not worse but improbably. First doubt Hammer would waive to go to the Oilers and second, by what we have seen the market is, Anaheim and Oilers won't be offering their first round and additonal picks for any of the players you proposed.

A more likely offer is Hammer and Lack for Oiler's 33OV pick or Vrbata and Zack and a third/fourth for the Montreal's first rounder.

Knowing what I know now, if I were in charge of hockey ops of the Canucks, I would have started the reconstruction after the 2012 season, right after the President Trophy winners were bounced out in the first round.

The grievous organizational mistake that was made by Gillis was thinking that the core that took them to the Stanley Cup Finals in 2011 was good enough to win, when the truth of the matter, as it turns out, even if the Canucks had won the cup in 2011, it would have been one and done. This was further perpetuated by Benning thinking all he had to do was provide the Sedins with the depth and support to give them a chance to make the playoffs "where anything can happen". Wrong answer, Jimmy Bean.

What was painfully evident to me, watching the rest of the playoffs after the Canucks got bounced by the Flames, is that our core players aren't nearly as good as the core players of the top teams in the league...so our only hope is that the next wave of core players, as a collective group are among the tops in the league.

Seeing how the Bieksa deal was the only one that was remotely close to being a reality (the other trades in the "pole" being nothing more than a part of the stream of ridiculous trade proposals that the hockey nut's been propagating for the past year), that's a deal that should have been made after the Kings bounced the Canucks in 2012...at that time, I would bet Bieksa would have fetched a mid first rounder...Burrows a late first rounder...Higgins a second...Hansen a third. Ahhh...what could have been.

Ain't it nice having the benefit of hindsight?

I like Bennings approach. Was offered 2nd in 2015 then san jose says oh we meant 2016 just before the draft starts. I wouldn't do business with them after that. Have to make a stand and not get taken advantage of. Kass deal we took less value for him then we could of gotten but we moved him and got the player we wanted. So its win win imo. Prust was going to be moved from MTL unless you overpaid. Hes the guy we wanted out of all the guys in the league and we paid to get him. We paid with a player we wanted to move out because he was causing a disturbance with the teams future.

They don't want Kassian's bad habbits to be an example for the next generation of canucks.

I really liked the guy but I'm glad hes gone. He's mental make up doesn't fit this team's plans for the future.

I just hope we give Jensen a fair shake at camp. I think hes capable of doing what Kassian was unable to do. Time will tell though.

Like Rush said above me, a higher 2nd isnt worth showing that you'll be jerked around. Plus it was a much worse fit for Bieksa. I'm glad he went to Anaheim instead. The rest of the trades are unrealistic ATM.

Archived