The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Conjested Line Up= Possible Trade

It's still looking like a fairly conjested forward group

The defense looks pretty set up so I don't expect any movement that way.

We will see if Benning pulls the trigger in the off season or waits to see how the youngsters do in camp

Sedin Sedin burrows

Baertshi bonino vrbata

Higgins Horvat Hansen

Dorset vey prust

Kenins virtanen Jensen grenier Gaunce

Edler tanev

Hamhuis Corrado

Sbisa bartkowski

Clendening webber

Might be a situation where we wait to see how the youth does but I think virtanen is a lock at an attempt to get younger and Kenins has earned a spot

Grenier could be up in the press box as well as Gaunce for an extra center

But with a possibility of both weber and clendenning in the box for defensive depth the numbers don't add up

Who do you guys think will get traded or what our best line up would be?

Will they wait ? Or move quick?

Benning's stated that if a rookie outplays a roster player in training camp, trades will happen. Shinkaruk almost has for the past couple years. Horvat did last year. Cassels has a really strong chance at 4C. Grenier and Virtanen have chances on the right side. Gaunce is another guy that could step up, and if Hutton goes ham in the preseason, we could see him in the bigs.

It's going to be a really devastating year in the standings, but a really exciting one in terms of prospect development.

Kennins has not earned a spot. He has earned a long look. He has 3rd line potential this year.

Virtanen coming in this year is sketchy to me but he will get a serious look. Prust and Dorsett

take some of the physical pressure off Virtanen which is a good thing. What I mean by that is when Jake

puts a guy through the boards he will have back up. IMO Kassian became more expendable after what

management saw in Utica during the Calder Cup by Jake.

As big a fan of both players as I am, I really think Higgins and Hansen should go. I'd like to see a guy like Eric Fehr get signed as we could really use a good face-off guy more than we need two-way wingers. It scares me to think that Vey could go back to centre - especially in a defensive role with his FO numbers.

What's the price to bring in Patrick Sharp? He could be great for us. Also provides much leadership in the lockeroom. Any chance Chicago does a straight up hockey trade more or less? I honestly don't even know what the price tag would be or what chicago wants. But if they want players that can help them remain contenders, I think we have a few guys we could offer.

Of course, the first person that comes to mind is Chris Higgins with his cheap contract but Idk. Would have been awesome to do a Higgins-Kassian package deal for Sharp, but whatever. What's done is done. Got to look forward

What's the price to bring in Patrick Sharp? He could be great for us. Also provides much leadership in the lockeroom. Any chance Chicago does a straight up hockey trade more or less? I honestly don't even know what the price tag would be or what chicago wants. But if they want players that can help them remain contenders, I think we have a few guys we could offer.

Of course, the first person that comes to mind is Chris Higgins with his cheap contract but Idk. Would have been awesome to do a Higgins-Kassian package deal for Sharp, but whatever. What's done is done. Got to look forward

we don't have the assets right now

they would want horvat for starters...

I'm not so sure - as good a player as Sharp is he's got an expensive contract and everybody knows that Chicago needs to shed cap. I'll bet Bonino and his cheap contract straight-across might do it.

No thanks to Chi salary dump. Rather keep what we got & develop within the system.

I'm not so sure - as good a player as Sharp is he's got an expensive contract and everybody knows that Chicago needs to shed cap. I'll bet Bonino and his cheap contract straight-across might do it.

We are a little shy on nhl depth at the center position right now

Next year is a different story but 1 injury and we aren't sitting pretty with the loss of Richardson

Another defenseman that hasn't been mentioned is pedan

Benning has been on record last year stating that he would be nhl ready possibly this year

With his late season concussion he is most likely going to start the season in the AHL but him and Biega would definitely be on the first call up list

Please pay attention to where you are posting. This is the wrong forum section for this. This section is for reported news from the media with source links only.

Speculation on specific trades belong in the proposals forum, otherwise it can go into Canucks talk.

Archived