The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Predictions - Western Conference Standings

Lui's Knob

Draft is over, and the free agency frenzy is nearly complete. As it stands now, where do you think teams will end up in the West?

1) Anaheim

2) Minnesota

3) Calgary

4) Nashville

5) Chicago

6) St. Louis

7) LA

8) Winnipeg

--------------------

9) Dallas

10) Colorado

11) Edmonton

12) San Jose

13) Vancouver

14) Arizona

Top 7 pick for Vancouver?

The predictions look pretty close to what i'd guess.

Either way, it's going to be a loooong season, at least my expectations are even lower than they were last year. (Which was pretty low)

I'll say the same thing I did before last season started. Win or lose, I just want the effort.

We may miss the playoffs, but LA is overrated. Adding Lucic and without 3 players that helped them win the cup. That's going to change LA from the bad team they were this year? I don't think so.

I have this odd feeling that Edmonton will get the 8th spot in the west and Winnipeg will be out..

The list should be fairly close to what you have though.

I have this odd feeling that the Oilers will finish 9th and somehow win the draft lottery from that spot!

The ordering suggested by the OP is pretty good. I agree with the consensus that right now Vancouver looks like #13 on paper. The only team that is clearly worse is Arizona. The ESPN power rankings also have Vancouver at 13th in the conference next year (and 26th in the NHL overall). But I think things will be close.

My biggest concern is that Vancouver will be close enough to a playoff spot at the deadline (maybe 4 or 5 points out of 8th place) that Benning will not trade vets for picks but will instead "contend for a playoff spot".

But if the Canucks do the smart thing and trade Vrby and Hammer for likely first rounders, and Bartkowski, Prust, and Weber (and possibly Higgins) for maybe third rounders at the deadline the Canucks could have a monster draft in 2016.

Vancouver can easily compete for 7/8. Edmonton, Colorado, Dallas, SJ, Arizona, LA, Winnipeg....all various levels of meh. Cgy is another injury away from same level last year and that other division will cannibalize itself to a degree to our fortune.

The entire fate of the franchise is on Virty, no pressure;).

1. VANCOUVER - WELCOME TO THE SHOW

2. Wild

3. Ducks

4. Blues

5. Flames

6. Jets

7. Sharks

8. Preds

9. Hawks (Nanana good bye)

10. Stars

11. Avs

12. Coilers

13. Kings

14. Yotes

NUX 4 CUP 2016 (although Bieber and lenden are horrible leaders, the eliteness breathed on by the canucks crest and the greatest city in the universe will trump all)

teams that improved in our division

L.A + Lucic

Anahiem + Bieksa (already a favorite to win it all)

Edmonton ( no question about this. Added Connor McDavid, goaltending and defence.

Calgary, Hamilton + Frolik, (although not much of a threat still better then VAncouver

so to be honest, even divisional standings its like that

top makes it in, second one might be a wild card if we finish ahead of the Central wild cards.

canucks come in 11th or 12 this year.

Hope we come last or 2nd last. Get a good player from 2016 draft :D

Lol good luck with that. Don't hold your breath.

People need to put their money where their mouth is. Or in this case where their fingers and keyboard is.

The predictions look pretty close to what i'd guess.

Either way, it's going to be a loooong season, at least my expectations are even lower than they were last year. (Which was pretty low)

I'll say the same thing I did before last season started. Win or lose, I just want the effort.

Given that you had pretty low expectations for the Canucks this past season, I'll take your low predictions with a healthy grain of salt.

Everybody was counting the Canucks to finish near the basement last season...& they were wrong. Everyone thinks they'll be at the basement this season...& I'll bet they're wrong about that as well.

I'm putting my money on the Canucks snagging the first Wild Card spot.

Archived