The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article) Mike Burnstein fired!

jono2009

Hmm lets see:

Ryan Miller, Paul Gaustad, Jason Pomminville, Thomas Vanek, Lucic, Marchand, Doug Hamilton, etc.

Miller wasn't his pick it was the actual director of scouting in Buffalo at the time which was not benning. Gaustad is a star or a utility bottom 6 player? Vanek was a VERY high draft pick and a BPA. Pomminville was ok. Lucic, Marchand were not his picks he wasn't a bruin then and Hamilton was a no brainer and BPA, it's like calling him a genius for drafting Seguin.

When you seriously look at his drafting it's actually laughably bad for all of the vaunted hype this forum has placed on him. Delorme bad really. IN fact delorme might have better picks than him late round.

Hmm lets see:

Ryan Miller, Paul Gaustad, Jason Pomminville, Thomas Vanek, Lucic, Marchand, Doug Hamilton, etc.

take lucic and marchand off the list, they were drafted before benning joined the bruins.

MIke Berstein went into Benning and LIndens office speaking his mind, Benning not taking any of it, firing one person after another.

tank nation here we come! someone hire him please! He's such a good guy.

Back up your statements with facts or stop talking.

There are of course two sides to every story, however right it seems like with Lack, and the front office staff that were let go, it sends that message that hard work and commitment to the team doesn't always count. I get moves have to be made, however I am not sure if this is the way to build a cohesive team??

Bottom line.

Every single hockey analyst and expert over the last 10 days have made very clear remarks about Delormes track record.

If you are going to right the proverbial ship why do you keep the ONE guy that almost everyone universally agrees has such a shoddy draft record that it is laughably bad?

Hanging your hat on Bieksa, Burrows, Edler, Hansen a decade ago is not worth keeping a job over some of the far more qualified people that have been axed recently

I don't see why you would fire him? He's a trainer and a good trainer at that, why need the change

Because, despite how good a trainer he is & how much he's liked, none of that has translated into a championship? Persisting in the same action & expecting different results is akin to madness.

If it's broke, fix it.

This is to be expected.

I think TL and JB have been around long enough now to know what they want and where they want it. I admire Linden for these moves as it would have been easy for him to just look the other way.

He (and JB?) has seen things that he obviously finds counter productive to his vision.

Let's face it, only those privy to everything going on deep inside the organisation will know why these steps have been taken. If a player can be in a situation for too long then so can anyone else in the organisation.

I like this move. It shows TL as a strong character.

he joined the Bruins in 2006 before the Draft I believe

After, I detailed this in a fairly lengthy post already the day before the draft. I thought he joined pre draft too but he joined mid july in 2006 after the draft

hahahah I was making a joke yesterday that Canucks fans would get emotional even if the trainer was fired. :D Damn you guys need to learn to separate yourselves from the business side.

Clearly this is just a money saving move and the players will now be given 50% off at Club 16 Fitness (for the first 3 months)

;)

Because, despite how good a trainer he is & how much he's liked, none of that has translated into a championship? Persisting in the same action & expecting different results is akin to madness.

If it's broke, fix it.

I doubt you are trying to be this black and white, however are you saying that the trainer has a big impact on weather or not the Canucks win a championship??

If Gillis had made this move Botchford, Galagher and whole Province clownfest would have called this a shrewd, innovative move that gives the Canucks a competitive advantage over other teams. When Benning does it? He's a heartless moron who has no idea what he's doing. WE SHOULD ALL BE CONCERNED! The obviously biased coverage of this team is a joke

Exactly. STOP ALL YOUR WHINING! It's like a frickin' kindergarten in here.

:picard:

You whined for change, now you whine when you get it. Let the big boys do their jobs while you go take a time-out and a nap to clear your heads.

I doubt you are trying to be this black and white, however are you saying that the trainer has a big impact on weather or not the Canucks win a championship??

Not at all, but as a long term member of an organization that just hasn't gotten over the final hurdle, it's time to say farewell & bring in some fresh faces.

It's a tad ironic that fans are screaming for youth on the ice, but still want the old boys behind the scenes.

The times, they are a changin'.

Archived