The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article) Mike Burnstein fired!

jono2009

If Burnstein can get fired after 20 years of loyal service, the constipated orca logo can be ditched as well.

I wonder if there's going to be an overhauled "image".

Not that it has anything to do with anything, but I've noticed lots of twitchy things with the website, simple graphic design/web front end issues with backgrounds and the like unfixed for a long time.

Could be the web team is heavily focused on other "projects".

For me, the Blue Green and White just isn't fitting for Vancouver. Weird, I know it just seems too... passive, and don't get me started on the Orca.

Personally, I'd love an updated version of the downhill skate and the associated color scheme to make a full time comeback. We've been departed how long now from Orca Bay Sports & Entertainment?

why not? when you think about it makes sense...

This would only make sense if we knew he was among of the highest paid trainers in the NHL. Since we don't, we can only assume TPTL wants someone new and perhaps more up to date / cutting edge in that profession.

Talk about a typical CDC over-reaction! This is a perfect example why this site has such a woeful reputation. Why should there be a guarantee of a job for anyone in this organization? I expect Linden is firing Burnstein because he is bringing in someone who he expects to do a better job. That simple! And, this new guy, as it seems, is in the forefront of professionals who work with fitness and injury management and treatment. It looks like his knowledge and skill-level in this field is at another level compared to guys like Burnstein.

Can you guys just stop this gut-reaction thing when it comes to the changes that Linden/Benning are making? And, as far as this latest change is concerned, somehow I think Trevor knows a helluva lot more about fitness than anyone posting here!

Not at all, but as a long term member of an organization that just hasn't gotten over the final hurdle, it's time to say farewell & bring in some fresh faces.

It's a tad ironic that fans are screaming for youth on the ice, but still want the old boys behind the scenes.

The times, they are a changin'.

I guess that is what I don't get, what hurdle has hen not "gotten over?" I know change is necessary sometimes, however I also believe that "changing everything" isn't a guaranteed formula either. Sometimes experience does help.

Talk about a typical CDC over-reaction! This is a perfect example why this site has such a woeful reputation. Why should there be a guarantee of a job for anyone in this organization? I expect Linden is firing Burnstein because he is bringing in someone who he expects to do a better job. That simple! And, this new guy, as it seems, is in the forefront of professionals who work with fitness and injury management and treatment. It looks like his knowledge and skill-level in this field is at another level compared to guys like Burnstein.

Can you guys just stop this gut-reaction thing when it comes to the changes that Linden/Benning are making? And, as far as this latest change is concerned, somehow I think Trevor knows a helluva lot more about fitness than anyone posting here!

"But he's been here for 20 years"

I guess that is what I don't get, what hurdle has hen not "gotten over?" I know change is necessary sometimes, however I also believe that "changing everything" isn't a guaranteed formula either. Sometimes experience does help.

The final hurdle is the Stanley Cup.

Experience does help, which is why I'm sure that TL will hire someone with plenty of experience. TL has taken the past year to evaluate his staff, so it's not a knee-jerk reaction by any stretch.

You can't make an omelette without cracking some eggs. It's time for some new voices & new approaches, I for one am excited to see where TL & JB's vision takes the Canucks.

I guess we will have to leave this as I am not understanding what you are saying. You said previously that a trainer is not directly linked to winning a championship.

Sure, perhaps Linden feels "we can do better with supporting our players through injuries," and if thats all it is then I am fine with that. If it has more to do with "get ride of anyone associated with Gillis," then I think fans have room to worry.

This move just seems completely unnecessary to me.

What also needs to go with this analysis is that he was the trainer for team Canada in 2010, as well as the Canucks last run to the final. Not exactly a bad background, and he seems really liked by the players from what I have read.

Miller wasn't his pick it was the actual director of scouting in Buffalo at the time which was not benning. Gaustad is a star or a utility bottom 6 player? Vanek was a VERY high draft pick and a BPA. Pomminville was ok. Lucic, Marchand were not his picks he wasn't a bruin then and Hamilton was a no brainer and BPA, it's like calling him a genius for drafting Seguin.

When you seriously look at his drafting it's actually laughably bad for all of the vaunted hype this forum has placed on him. Delorme bad really. IN fact delorme might have better picks than him late round.

Where is the evidence that any player that was drafted by Boston or Buffalo was a "Benning pick". The Canucks job is his first calling the shots, not really fair to be hanging other G.M.'s fails around his neck.

Archived