The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[2016] Logan Brown

LOGAN BROWN 3.png6.png

icon_print.png views: 13704

BIRTHYEAR 1998-03-05 BIRTHPLACE Raleigh, NC, USA AGE 17 NATION Canada / USA POSITION C SHOOTS L HEIGHT 197 cm / 6'6" WEIGHT 98 kg / 216 lbs YOUTH TEAM St. Louis Blues AAA NHL DRAFT Top Prospect eligible for the 2016 NHL Entry Draft RANKINGS Ranked #11 by Future Considerations phiq.png

scoutlogo.pngA high potential scorer who has the tools to be one of the best in his age group. Son of former NHL defenceman Jeff Brown. Tall, rangy pivot with smart hands and a blazing shot. Eats up the ice with huge, silky strides and boasts elite top speed. More meticulous with the puck, especially in traffic, and also developed better patience and focus on scoring areas, exploiting his extended reach and gift for creating shooting lanes. Lethal when driving off the boards and exploiting mesmerising one-on-one moves. An intuitive defender, has made steady gains in his work away from the puck as well as his overall physical play. Possesses a lethal shot, a tricky release point and elite velocity. Still lacks that natural mean streak to fully complete the 'power forward' equation. Continues to make gains in his consistency from game to game, showing more intensity and aggression as he matures. (Sean Lafortune, 2014)

- See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=248391#sthash.BXNwiTw9.dpuf

Pretty much this years Crouse. Wasn't a huge Crouse believer as i think his production is an indication of how he will do in the NHL. (one of my few exceptions to using production as a benchmark for NHL success)

For Crouse to succeed he will need to play with highly skilled players who can feed him the puck/generate the offensive because I honestly can't see him getting 40-50 points a year while being the main feature on a line. Same goes for Brown IMO

Pretty much this years Crouse. Wasn't a huge Crouse believer as i think his production is an indication of how he will do in the NHL. (one of my few exceptions to using production as a benchmark for NHL success)

For Crouse to succeed he will need to play with highly skilled players who can feed him the puck/generate the offensive because I honestly can't see him getting 40-50 points a year while being the main feature on a line. Same goes for Brown IMO

Logan Brown has already put up better points at the same age and is close to what he just produced this year.

Watch Logan Brown play, he will be better.

Archived