The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis proposed rebuild starting in 2013. Owners decided otherwise.

Zuongo

Aquamen are too much fanboys they can't step back and do what is best for the team and business wise long term.

They were short sighted and hired the fierly Italian Tortilla for one last ditch attempt with the old core to try to win.

They won't accept rebuilding until it is staring them in the face when the Sedins leave.

Daniel Sedin already put his house up for sale...

The Canucks had 4 legit chances to win the Stanley Cup when MG was still around.

2009 - stacked team, but Luongo melted down and lack of PMD.

2010 - stacked team, but Luongo melted down

2011 - stacked team, but Luongo melted down and lots of injuries

2012 - stacked team, but team melted down

I suspected that Tort's was the choice of ownership since is was an out of character hire for Gillis. He wanted Stevens, then Torts came out of nowhere. It all looked fishy to me but I have no proof.

I have no such suspicions during the present regime and would like to think Linden and Benning would both walk if ownership tried to meddle in anything more than in the most general sense.

The Canucks had 4 legit chances to win the Stanley Cup when MG was still around.

you fail to mention any injuries in other years. 2010 when Chicago elimated us sami Salo was our number one guy who just spent the previous night in the hospital after blocking a shot with his bag.

Are you joking? Trolling?

2009 we didn't have the team yet. 2010 struggled vs the Chelsea dagger I'll give you one.

How was Lou vs Boston? Our only player? We scored 8 goals in 7 games. 8. Explain how that's got a single f ing thing to do with our crease?

2009 we didn't have the team yet. 2010 struggled vs the Chelsea dagger I'll give you one.

How was Lou vs Boston? Our only player? We scored 8 goals in 7 games. 8. Explain how that's got a single f ing thing to do with our crease?

Not to mention that 3 of the 4 games we did lose were no worse than 1-0 half way through the game.

This is an argument I have had with people who bash Lou. I watched Crawford and Bishop get bailed out in this year's playoffs when they had an off night. Hell, Crawford was out for awhile and Darling was starting. Luongo never once got bailed out when he had an off night. The team abandoned him and the opposition was allowed to tee off from the slot at will.

i dont think its fair to blame it all on Lou. I agree there were times where he needed to step up but didnt. As much as i remember the 2011 series was lost mainly because of injuries which plagued the team. I remember they were just dead and tired on the ice hence we couldn score goals. Lou played his heart out the years he was here and i respect him for that. :)

Forever A Canuck

That's why he was the best GM this team ever had. That was EXACTLY when this team needed to rebuild. He saw it. The owners are trying to sell the team so they won't - it's all about the $$ to them. Now Canucks are the Calgary Flames_v2.

You believe he was the best GM in Canucks history because he won back to back President Trophies and played in the weakest division in the entire league. He is by far the worst GM. All his failed acquisitions (trades and signings). This team finds itself in it's current situation because of Gillis.

This is an argument I have had with people who bash Lou. I watched Crawford and Bishop get bailed out in this year's playoffs when they had an off night. Hell, Crawford was out for awhile and Darling was starting. Luongo never once got bailed out when he had an off night. The team abandoned him and the opposition was allowed to tee off from the slot at will.

Cory Schneider did start game 6 against the Hawks after Lui got lit up in games 4 and 5, but got injured when Frolik (?) dangled him on the penalty shot.

I think this is something most people following this team know.

Aqua is treating this team strictly as an investment and a business.

Any decisions/ideas/philosophies (full rebuild) resulting in a lower profit margin will not be given the light of day.

You believe he was the best GM in Canucks history because he won back to back President Trophies and played in the weakest division in the entire league. He is by far the worst GM. All his failed acquisitions (trades and signings). This team finds itself in it's current situation because of Gillis.

Trolls gotta troll :rolleyes:

That was the least amount of goals ever scored in a 7-game series...EVER. If it wasn't for Lou, we get swept. Why didnt the forwards have to answer for that???

Archived