The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] New Canucks Anthem Singer

As long as we don't go towards the overdone Super Bowl formula of "female pop vocalist using the anthem to show off their technical singing ability with a dramatic and overwrought performance"

they will have to have auditions. My daughter is an opera singer (I wish I knew how to put video up) and has an amazing voice (yes I am prejudiced, but I also know I am right after all the awards she has won). She lives in New West and would love an opportunity to audition. I wonder if they would ever do something like this??

I'm all for changing the anthem singer. I want a singer that sings the WHOLE song, as they'd paid to do, rather than let Rogers Arena sing half of it. Glorified karaoke currently, I want a proper rousing anthem please.

Its called "pumping up the crowd"

It is true the Canucks are going in a rebuild phase. But why just reshape the team in terms of players? We should also replace the anthem singer too!

Mark Donnelly is old and stale, and a lot of people I feel are getting tired of his shtick. He's lost a lot of size and as a result can no longer play a power game. JB loves those kinds of guys.

The guy we need as the new anthem singer is the one and only Amrit Bains. A hometown native who works double jobs as a bus driver and an internet sensation singer. He is very energetic, charismatic, versatile person who gets the crowd moving in positivity where ever he goes. I feel he will help the rebuild for these reasons as well being the man who pumps up the players pre-game. I feel free agents would want to come to Vancouver as a result because they want to have Amrit Bains around them all the time.

Amrit Bains greatest hits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePZojuTsXd0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLEtRy-v9RI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0uLsfLAO2I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQPJBMEdhjc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AKfRbXQqgY

I hope after reading this you are more aware of the legendary Amrit Bains and hope to have him as the next Canucks anthem singer.

Thank you and have a good day.

"I dont know what You waannt, I dont know what You neeeed. I tryyyy so hard but I couldn't suceeeed. I only wish I knew, how 2 Win Ur ❤". That was soo beautiful, I think I shed a tear

I'm sorry but I whole heartedly disagree with this. People talk about a lack of tradition with this team and the one thing that actually has some tradition you want gone? New jerseys, new logo, new goal songs, new entrance music, new anthem singers, new mascot... This forum drives me crazy sometimes.

Personally I love how the crowd gets into it and sings a portion of it. That gets the crowd more pumped up than standing and watching someone perform it. The Canadian anthem isn't exactly a rock song. Have you been to a game when Mark isn't there? Nowhere near the same!!

I'm all for change and I get it's the dog days of summer and not a lot to talk about but saying the anthem singer needs to change to enhance the atmosphere is straight up ludicrous - it's the last thing that needs to change (IMO).

Donnelly is a legend.

Your opinion is horrible. Sorry.

Exactly. It blows me away anyone would suggest anyone else. The guy is like Don cherry is to hockey night in Canada to me. Hearing him makes it feel like a nucks game. I love it.

What an idiotic suggestion to replace him Imo. But hey , that's how a large portion of Van seems to be. Shallow and stuck up. It's sad. Last 20 years has been downhill. Probably why our barn is considered to be the biggest joke , quietest arena in Canada. It's embarrassing

Now not only does Alberta have better teams , they also have better fans. Hell so does Manitoba and Quebec for that matter. These kind of threads really add validity to our reputation.

Exactly. It blows me away anyone would suggest anyone else. The guy is like Don cherry is to hockey night in Canada to me. Hearing him makes it feel like a nucks game. I love it.

What an idiotic suggestion to replace him Imo. But hey , that's how a large portion of Van seems to be. Shallow and stuck up. It's sad. Last 20 years has been downhill. Probably why our barn is considered to be the biggest joke , quietest arena in Canada. It's embarrassing

Now not only does Alberta have better teams , they also have better fans. Hell so does Manitoba and Quebec for that matter. These kind of threads really add validity to our reputation.

They definitely have better fans that ATTEND the games - but better teams? Not a chance. There's a reason we finished a head of all of them.

It's unfortunate that our fan base is portrayed by the weak crowds that show up to the Rog. But we have some of the most passionate fans. Unfortunately for each passionate, die hard; we have mega band wagon boneheads

Archived