The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Virtanen and Subban mic'd up

cuporbust

Haha love these guys. JV will be a big part of our future and Subbs' compete level is paramount.

Just waiting to see what # Virt wears with the big club, so i can get his jersey... with Stanton on his way out, I guess 18 is made available again

I find it interesting that they mic'd Subban.

Trade bait? Why? Because he's too small to play D in the west. Move him to forward they say, because a killer slap shot from the point is a forwards play?

Sure, he can skate like the wind, but I don't see him being of any use in the D zone, especially in the west..

Trade bait? Why? Because he's too small to play D in the west. Move him to forward they say, because a killer slap shot from the point is a forwards play?

Sure, he can skate like the wind, but I don't see him being of any use in the D zone, especially in the west..

Even from the little u can see in the vid he looks like he's getting out muscled. Imagine if it was against top NHL players. I agree with u

Hard to make a judgement though. I really hope he turns into a good player for us

1 he's not done growing

2 our d prospect pool is thin as is.

Give him time. No reason to give up on him yet. Speed is becoming more of a factor than size in today's nhl.

As long as he is pair with a bigger defensive dman like tryamkin or pedan he will be fine. Look at vatanen and russell

Haha love these guys. JV will be a big part of our future and Subbs' compete level is paramount.

Just waiting to see what # Virt wears with the big club, so i can get his jersey... with Stanton on his way out, I guess 18 is made available again

NHL website says he's wearing 77, but I think he deserves 18

Kris Russell dude

Wasn't Jake Virtanen voted top 10 most agitating guys in the WHL last season? I can't remember but I remember reading that somewhere.

I can see why though...glad to have him on our side :P

When I saw him standing on the bench for the 3 on 3 tournament, he seemed like a bit of a pretty boy, and after when I got a pic with him, he had a huge cheesy grin on his face... I could see why he would be in the top 10 list, lol

As long as he is pair with a bigger defensive dman like tryamkin or pedan he will be fine. Look at vatanen and russell

And McDonagh....5'11 and top 10 in the league

Edit: Nvm appears hes 6'0 or 6'1 now since his St Paul Days

1 he's not done growing

2 our d prospect pool is thin as is.

Give him time. No reason to give up on him yet. Speed is becoming more of a factor than size in today's nhl.

He's not going to grow any taller, but will definitely get bigger. I agree, our D pool is pretty shallow and I haven't given up on him, I just find it odd they'd choose him for mic'd up over McCaan for example.

Potentially, sure. That would be great.

Kris Russell dude

OK. Russell is also small, but he's not great.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be stoked if Subban turned out to be a great player for us, and I want him to be. There's just this little nagging thought that keeps saying - " he's being showcased for a trade to get us a player further along in his development "..

Apparently the Subans are fitness freaks... he can be small, a good small d-man can make up for size in balance, positional play, speed and great stick work. Plus if he can be an offensive beast you can also forgive a few defensive short comings... not a lot but some.

Archived