The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report)Baertschi will not accept qualifying offer

jono2009

That is interesting, how about you prove yourself first Baer and then talk contracts, you have not done anything in the NHL as of yet. If I am Benning I play hardball with him and see if he has what it takes to earn his place here, if not then its time to cut bait, because as this regime states, character is everything.

I suppose the alternative to this is that sven wants to stay in the NHL based on his AHL performance, well I suppose signing him to a one way, SHORT TERM bridge deal would be best. Think of it, if Burkie had an issue with this kid, that means he lacks some sort of toughness, mental or physical. Prima donnas do not fit here, thats why we traded Kass. Sign what you are offered and prove it!

It seems like like he probably wants at minimum a two year deal. I say, give it to him. Two years, 2 mill total (1 mill a season). Perfect bridge contract, not to expensive, not to cheap. If Kenins can get a one way deal, I don't see what the big problem is with giving Baertschi a one way deal. As long as it's not big and exorberant, it should work out. Besides, he's waiver eligible this year, so it's not like he's going to be playing in the AHL this year anyway.

I'm beginning to see why Calgary cut bait with him. Benning should have done a little more homework on this headcase.

He's making demands without proving anything at the professional level. He hasn't earned the right.

He's not making any demands. He's just not accepting his qualifying offer. 95% of RFA's don't accept their QO's and choose to negotiate a deal instead. Holy $&!# people, settle down.

I'm beginning to see why Calgary cut bait with him. Benning should have done a little more homework on this headcase.

Sorry ? did I miss something here ? a player has decided not to sign a qualifying offer and is now deemed a head case all while management should have done their homework on this player ?

Zero issue with a young up and coming player wanting to workout a better contract and provide more security whether it be through a one-way contract, increased caphit or term. What's the big deal ?

He will be re-signed and likely start contributing for the Canucks right away.

He's making demands without proving anything at the professional level. He hasn't earned the right.

Are you kidding? Look at his AHL stats. Don't care? Well you said professional which includes the AHL.

Look at his NHL stats. 30 points in 69 games.

A while ago, you said you were done with this team. Are you just here to complain?

Archived