The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dating site horror stories.

thejazz97

Wasn't exactly a horror story, much much worse...

So I use tinder often. Have hooked up with a decent amount of girls through it.

About a month ago I was invited to a bday party in Van. We ended up using a limo service to get to Van. Now here's how I almost died.

As I got into the limo I found out that the birthday party was for an ex tinder hookup. Who's cousin (new tinder friend) had invited me. Yeah it was hella awkward. Did I forget to mention the fact that my crazy ex gf from freaking high school was also in that limo. That's not even the end of it. My own freaking useless sister turned out to be a co-worker and good friend of my new tinder match.

The last month has been pretty bad haha.

Note: not a horror story, just boring tinder stuff

I tried tinder for a few weeks around january. I got a few matches after thousands of swipes, but only one person ever actually responded and that was just because I asked where she took one of the pics on her trip. I'm a pretty normal looking person too. It seemed like ubc girls swiped more often.

The only thing Tinder did was desensitize me a bit to rejection (which is a positive) and annihilate my phone's battery life. After that, I ended up asking out a classmate, but sorta got shutdown. After my lack of success on tinder, I realized that it was a lot easier just asking people out in real life (at least for me).

My friends say that it also depends on what type of pictures you post to tinder. I don't like including group photos on it for my friends' privacy, but my friends say they'll just think you're of a loner if all they see is a pic of you. It is most definitely easier for girls to have success on tinder though. It's just how it works. Even some fairly normal girls I know get hundreds of matches in a night. One of my friend's goes on quite a few tinder dates. haha. they just swipe right on everything and filter matches after. You kind of just have to accept that lots of people do that or else it's too inefficient. I didn't mind that people do that though. It def. brightens up your day a bit when some cool girl swipes on you even if they are just swiping everyone. haha

I guess this can be expected when you are The Weasel.

About a month ago I was invited to a bday party in Van. We ended up using a limo service to get to Van. Now here's how I almost died.

As I got into the limo I found out that the birthday party was for an ex tinder hookup. Who's cousin (new tinder friend) had invited me. Yeah it was hella awkward. Did I forget to mention the fact that my crazy ex gf from freaking high school was also in that limo. That's not even the end of it. My own freaking useless sister turned out to be a co-worker and good friend of my new tinder match.

I think you should be running a bit better facebook background checks. ^_^

Engaged, actually

I'm seriously happy for you. You're a good guy and you're hilariously funny.

I also remember when you let people send their problems to you anonymously and you took them on seriously to give you perspective on it.

Hard to imagine that I'm considered one of the older posters now that many of the much older people don't post anymore and/or were banned.

This is why Tinder is bad for you.

Yeah canucks_83 is just looking for attention. Wouldn't surprise me if it was a dude pretending to be a girl...move along folks. Just delete this thread. It's just an awkward and embarassing thread. No offense to OP

I won't vouch for anything but Canucks_83 definitely seems like a woman.

And from the little that I know of Canucks_83, her style is not to attract attention. As I said in the above post, I'm one of the older posters that remember her.

We broke up recently.

Well, if I can request something, please don't look on tinder.

You'll find probably the worst guys on there that may seem nice - but really, are mostly douches. Then, you'll hate the rest of the other guys that actually don't have ulterior motives.

Not telling you what to do though.

Definintely. Like half the chicks on there are there just to mess around, flirt and see who and how many peeps are into them. Then like another 25%++ want you to actually work for it, take em to coffee n crap. That final 25% are dtf tho.

All statistics used in this comment are 100% real, and based off peer reviewed studies by Tinder scientists.

The fact that you can take someone for coffee is a good thing. At least you can see how superficial they are. Text doesn't mean anything.

Coffee is so cheap - but time is being used.

I wish Tinder was around when I was in my early 20's. I had to meet girls the old fashion way.

You aren't missing out. Trust me.

Back in the day, you probably didn't need to be a douche to get laid. Nice guys were actually noticed.

Archived